Quantcast

10/21/07 Riding outside of racing

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
I am planning on getting to Diablo sunday mid morning, too late to race, but want to get some riding in as a last chance before the end of the season. I just checked out the course so I understand that there will be no riding on those trails but my question is will Tempest still be accessable or is there no way to exit due to course location, and other than that is any of the backside available to RIDE? Thanks for the info. Dave:lighten:

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Diablo usually does a really excellent job planning the race course to keep every other possible trail open to the fullest extent. From past races, unless a trail intersects the race course it will be open or at least partially open.

viper2pt0

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
Somers, NY
Hey..where did you check out the course? I have a question as well...I kind of want to race, but I don't want to make a fool of myself. This would be my first race ever, and I've only been downhilling 3 times so far. I'm curious as to how I'd do in the Intro class. eh..maybe next year. I will still probably go that weekend, but like you said, I'd like to see what trails are impacted by the race course.

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Hey..where did you check out the course? I have a question as well...I kind of want to race, but I don't want to make a fool of myself. This would be my first race ever, and I've only been downhilling 3 times so far. I'm curious as to how I'd do in the Intro class. eh..maybe next year. I will still probably go that weekend, but like you said, I'd like to see what trails are impacted by the race course.
There is a thread for the Dom 5 race course, with a map and everything.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
I would think you could ride Tempest, and at the fork at the end take a right instead of left onto waterboy/victory. That'll bring you out further down at the top of frogpond (also in the course) and you should intersect the course right before the US open berms section which is now big flat corners, and you should have plenty of time inbetween racers to get across. Most likely what'll happen...

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
I am planning on getting to Diablo sunday mid morning, too late to race, but want to get some riding in as a last chance before the end of the season. I just checked out the course so I understand that there will be no riding on those trails but my question is will Tempest still be accessable or is there no way to exit due to course location, and other than that is any of the backside available to RIDE? Thanks for the info. Dave:lighten:

Good question. Tempest will remain open, however, riders will be diverted to the bottom of "Legion" to avoid the course on Waterboy.