Quantcast

10 worst cars... Second place...yeah it's a hummer

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
What all have you done to this? I want to trade the wife's little car in on one of these, and what you have is exactly what I want (but in white).

4" Superlift suspension lift
5.13 gears
17x9 Procomp wheels
37x12.50x17 BFG KM2 tires
ARB front bumper-sprayed in Line X
Mopar rear bumper with tire swing-sprayed in Line X
Sahara steps and mudlaps
Complete sound system
Lightforce lights
black fuel door

before

after

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Better question, Kanter.

How are those Hayes Stroker Trails holding up on a big-bike like your SoCom?

I've got them on my trail bike, but haven't dared to try them on my big bike... yet.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Better question, Kanter.

How are those Hayes Stroker Trails holding up on a big-bike like your SoCom?

I've got them on my trail bike, but haven't dared to try them on my big bike... yet.
Im loving the Hayes Stokers. I only got about 10 rides on them before winter hit. A couple of 10+ mile DHs so they have been broke in just right.

I havent been able to find pads for them, yet. I dont need any right now, but I always like to have a couple spare sets.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Yeah, I just don't know if their power seems lacking because I'm running 7"/6" on my trail bike, versus the 8"/8" on my freeride bike, or if it's just a different feel to the brake.

I do love mine as trail brakes though, that's for sure.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
The tires are awesome off road and quiet on the road. You cant beat BFG tires. I LOVE em.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
demerits for the ghey vanity plate
Thats not a vanity plate. Thats my plate. It was on this for awhile but I sold it.

Ive been into off-roading all my life and I have been racing for about 10 years. I won the overall last year. So I think I know a little about offroad. I even won a the Montana Superior Axle Rock Crawling Competition a few years ago. I was the only one that had a perfect run out of 23 vehicles and I even did the bonus line.

The solid axle on the Jeep might be old technology but its tough and it works. I am loving the KM2s for those that have asked. They are super quiet and air down nice. They are awesome in the snow. I havent had the Jeep in the mud. I have another rig for mud. I dont want to run the Jeep in the mud yet with only 1000+ miles on it. I use my white bronco for mud and racing. I probably have close to the same amount of money into my race bronco and its beat to death. Ill keep the Jeep for light offroad and mall cruising. Ill use the bronco for those tougher trails. Its a lot easier to work on and lots less expensive to find parts. My Jeep might be a poiser but whenever someone wants to hit the trails, Ill bring out the bronco. My Jeep has and will see some light offroading but nothing hardcore. Id like to drive it on the street for awhile. It rides much better with the lift.

Divin in

Its funny how people always bring up mall cruising. Some people just like to have a capable rig. My Jeep will definately see some offroad once I get a few miles on it but not yet. I will hit the local ORV park (Offroad Recreational Vehicle) this summer though. I will admit there are a lot of mall cruisers that will never see offroad.