Quantcast

100 acre wood rally

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
So a few weeks ago I went to a rally race in Southeast Missouri and had a BLAST! Got to to see some really cool cars, night time rally racing, and I got to meet Pastrana, block, and Mirra.

Driving between the stages was ALMOST as fun as watching the race. we had 2 wrx's, a mazda speed 3, and a subaru 2.5 rs. We would drive for an our or two on back roads with no one around since our lead car knew all the back roads.

This was my first rally race and I am going back next year for sure.

Now for the pics, all of these were taking with a point and click camera so they didn't come out to great.

my blue wrx REALLY stuck out here

traitor

local team

this is what happens when you let your wife be your co-driver...you completely miss the turn

me with a stupid smile on my face and pastrana

me and block(traitor)

I took a lot more pics, but I'm tired of posting them, but you can see a lot more, and a lot higher quality pics here

also here's some video shot by a guy that went with us (there is some bag language in this video)

http://www.nwamotorsports.net/showthread.php?491-2010-100-Acre-Wood-Rally-media

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
nice shots. Did you compete or just check it out? Surprised to see block with only one logo on his shirt, at least he has his flat billed hat on. Looks like you have your choice of subaru or ford...

I wish they would do a 24hr LeMons style rally race....5 hundo dollar cars, nice cages, identical course notes, go for it.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
nice shots. Did you compete or just check it out?
i just checked it out, I wish I had an old civic or jetta or something that i could fix up and rally...it just looked like way too much fun for me to not do it...but I don't have the money for it

why is Block a traitor? he wanted to race in the WRC but Subbie has no team, Ford does
I know, I don't blame him...and i'm sure if pastrami wanted to race WRC he would probably do the same...I'm just bitter I guess

iandude94

Monkey
May 30, 2008
OC, NY
Thats awesome, I always wanted to see a rally race. Wheres Steve Romaniuk? He said he was gonna race rally at interbike, guess not..... damn canadians.

pencil_sr

Chimp
Feb 2, 2010
Utah
To me it looks like Ford's rally cars have a slightly shorter wheelbase than Subaru's. I think that in some of the real tight turns, especially ones with barricades on both sides, that having a shorter car could be an advantage. Am I right, or just making stuff up here? I just remember that at the rally event in the X games that Pastrana wedged his car sideways in a turn, and it cost him the race.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
To me it looks like Ford's rally cars have a slightly shorter wheelbase than Subaru's. I think that in some of the real tight turns, especially ones with barricades on both sides, that having a shorter car could be an advantage. Am I right, or just making stuff up here? I just remember that at the rally event in the X games that Pastrana wedged his car sideways in a turn, and it cost him the race.
Block's Fiesta WRC has a shorter wheelbase than the Subbies. the Focus RS WRC is about the same to a 4 door WRC STi..the 5door STi is a bit longer, but no one uses those in WRC

the two dominate cars in WRC, the Citroen C4 and Focus RS WRC have a 102" or 103" wheelbase

Last edited: