Quantcast

11.5" Of Rear Wheel Travel

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
If you remember back a few years the GSR produced a bike with 14" travel in the rear and offered a custom front fork with 12-13" travel, it didn't sell very well, I never rode one but it should have been smooth, then again my YZ250 has about that much travel.:cheers:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
If you remember back a few years the GSR produced a bike with 14" travel in the rear and offered a custom front fork with 12-13" travel, it didn't sell very well, I never rode one but it should have been smooth, then again my YZ250 has about that much travel.:cheers:
Yeah...that think was reeee-dic-u-lous....3.7- 4.1 (depending on mount position...)leverage ratio on a pull shock...

Other bike with lots o travel: Canfield Big Fat Fatty Fat....

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
used to sport an apocalypse
was a sick bike for sure
just definitely overkill
rode very great on trails tho...till it came time for all that travel to go back to normal (jumping, drops) heheh
you get hte idea ;)
still a very sweet ride none the less, and killer publicity :happydance:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Children... kindly shut the hell up.

Christ, how childish can you be? Nasty, bitter back-and-forths about people's financial status?

Grow up or get out.

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
Es war ein Witz, nur weil Ihres auf der Außenseite von einem Witz nicht bedeutet, dass Sie bitter sein müssen

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
back on topic...

It seems like, in the past technology (suspension) was not as great as what it is now ('07/'08). There are some crazy forks on the market for the next season. so it was made up for by producing extreme travel bikes, see Josh Bender. Now, it seems better to have a higher quality (more tunable) fork then long travel.

yay! :banana:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
pwn3d (something bv sure will understant) with all due respect binary. what you just deleted was a long running joke. no banter no making fun just a long time joke.
It's not a long running joke when someone asks you to stop and makes it clear they don't like what you're discussing, dumbass. He repeatedly said you were incorrect and very reasonably requested you stop discussing it - certainly more calmly than I would have requested - and you both continued to harass and provoke him.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
It's not a long running joke when someone asks you to stop and makes it clear they don't like what you're discussing, dumbass. He repeatedly said you were incorrect and very reasonably requested you stop discussing it - certainly more calmly than I would have requested - and you both continued to harass and provoke him.
Please refrain from calling me a dumbass, when you clearly do not know what has gone on in other forums, on instant messenger, and on the mountain. He always runs from the truth, you should be able to laugh at anything you read about yourself on the internet if it is not true, not defend yourself. He has been on ridemonkey long enough to know saying "Hey stop that makes me angry," only gets you deeper in asshattery.

:monkeydance:

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
there u go
Thank you BV

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
He has been on ridemonkey long enough to know saying "Hey stop that makes me angry," only gets you deeper in asshattery.
No, only the asshats are disrespectful and ignore someone when they respectfully and reasonably request that someone stop giving them a hard time about a particular subject.

It doesn't matter one single ounce what goes on in IM conversations or other forums. Only here. And here, you were asked nicely to stop flaming someone. So stop.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
:rofl:

Okay, play the injured puppy dog if you want. I'm not using my "moderator powers" to argue, I'm telling you that you were being disrespectful and childish.