Quantcast

'11 DHR wheelbase measurements

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Just want someone with the bike to confirm the wheelbase measurements for me, because the numbers sound on the long side (like 47+ for a medium IIRC), and I just want to check if they've been overstated at all.

Basically want an actual/measured WB number, fork used, and maybe some rough idea of how high/low your fork is in the crowns (or an A-C number) for the M and L frames. Not interested in S or XL.

Thanks in advance!

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Hey Udi, ask JT.

He rode a medium here with me one day and ordered a large for himself. The medium had far too short a TT for me. Seems like it will have a long wheelbase with the 63° HA and 440mm CS. He loved it on the Champery track by the way.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Mr. W,
I just got off the phone to JT before and he told me the same thing, unfortunately he hasn't got one to measure at the moment. I am leaning towards the large from what he said (I'm 5'11, about the same as him) but I'm curious as to what the real wheelbase number is anyway, just to compare to my current bike.

istratetm

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
my medium is 1183 mm long with the fork in the low position and zero stack lower crown. my previous bike was a Large Revolt. and the M Dhr is perfect for me at 176 cm tall.

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
06 Fox 40, 585 a-c

17" st

47.5 wb

don't know if it's a large (sounds like it^) customers bike.

HTH.

P.S Sorry about the mixed measurements, some things are easier in Inches.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Thanks guys, the point about the slacker HA and smaller cockpit makes sense now.

Large it is.