Quantcast

1111 April, fools! 1111

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Woo found a store with founders. But they mostly had this stuff, bleh!

Haven't had a breakfast stout in a long time. :(

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fucking ball joint is stuck. Fuck. The normally hard to remove part just popped out easily. The normally easy part is wedged the fuck in there.

Time to work on the other side and see if that gets stuck too. At least if that happens on both sides I can rent the tools in the am and spend all day working on it. I really don't want to pull the control arm(s) and take them to be pressed.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Fucking ball joint is stuck. Fuck. The normally hard to remove part just popped out easily. The normally easy part is wedged the fuck in there.

Time to work on the other side and see if that gets stuck too. At least if that happens on both sides I can rent the tools in the am and spend all day working on it. I really don't want to pull the control arm(s) and take them to be pressed.
I'm assuming you have a ball joint fork? What is stuck where? Pics?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

The tapered end or threaded end?

Or is the tapered shaft turning with the nut?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The tapered end or threaded end?

Or is the tapered shaft turning with the nut?
Threaded end; not turning with the nut. Nut is off.

I'm assuming you have a ball joint fork? What is stuck where? Pics?
I'm going to have to pick one up tomorrow. I have been able to do it with a long, heavy flathead in the past, but not this time.
IMG_20210401_194554_01.jpg

IMG_20210401_194553_01.jpg

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'll typically use one of those, or just hit the knuckle with a BFH and shock it loose. Never failed to free the tapered end.

I was working on something over 50 years old. Disassembly was often challenging. Had one where the "joint" came off but the taper remained.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Pickle forks are junk. Pitman arm puller and a bfh. Load up the bj with puller. Smash the side of the knuckle (not the bj) harder than seems safe. The impact from bfh will expand the hole a touch and the tapered bj pops right out. Pb blaster is a huge help too.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Who, me or westy?

You might not want to keep bashing the end of the stud, as mushrooming it like you're doing might make it that much more of a PITA after you finally get the taper to separate.
I'll dremel the end off if it becomes problematic at that point..

Pickle forks are junk. Pitman arm puller and a bfh. Load up the bj with puller. Smash the side of the knuckle (not the bj) harder than seems safe. The impact from bfh will expand the hole a touch and the tapered bj pops right out. Pb blaster is a huge help too.
That thing has been swimming in PB for 2 days. Which might be why the bj came out so easily...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Your not afraid of damaging a nut while wailing on your shaft?
I dated a Portuguese girl for 2 weeks. After the first week I wanted to do something else. She pretended she didn't hear me for another week. I believe she is Canada now. I only appreciated her reticence as my fear of damaging a nut while pounding on my own shaft took all the joy out of wailing my shaft. The moral here is, never complain about having your shaft wailed on by a 4'11" Portuguese girl. Trust me on this.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It must be rough having your Girlfriend turn into an entire country. I can see why you broke up.
I called the Airforce. It seems they need a better reason to call in a Airstrike on her. They finally released the hold they had on my Credit Card. The Airforce seriously needs to work on their customer service. I must have called 50 times to get a progress report and they kept hanging up on me. Bastards.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
I called the Airforce. It seems they need a better reason to call in a Airstrike on her. They finally released the hold they had on my Credit Card. The Airforce seriously needs to work on their customer service. I must have called 50 times to get a progress report and they kept hanging up on me. Bastards.
Besides MPF and Finance, they are the least helpful... I dont believe i have any contacts left there, so i cant help.