Quantcast

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I did a 117.2 mile road ride this weekend on my mtb. It is the last long ride i have planned before whistler. I probably could have done more but knowing that i guess is part of the battle and it's been a long one. Nice little mental boost though.
the temp was cool but had a strong head wind for the last 17 miles.
finished in 7:53 at 16.4 mph avg hr avg of 154 (7hours saddle time)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
The Toninator said:
i know H, i'm really really excited. #1 i cant wait to just be on vacation albeit a 'racing' vacation but a vacation none the less.
Yah, I had a friend who raced there solo last year and loved it. Hey, I see they have a NORBA Nat in Comfort next year!

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Heidi said:
Yah, I had a friend who raced there solo last year and loved it. Hey, I see they have a NORBA Nat in Comfort next year!
I know! i was going to ask if you were coming, are you?
the marathon course is going to be AWESOME! If you dont race it we need to hitit just for a ride and there's another one very close that's awesome also, kerville.
Tapitio (XC course) is pretty cool personally i think they have some work to do on it but loads of people like it.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
The Toninator said:
I know! i was going to ask if you were coming, are you?
the marathon course is going to be AWESOME! If you dont race it we need to hitit just for a ride and there's another one very close that's awesome also, kerville.
Tapitio (XC course) is pretty cool personally i think they have some work to do on it but loads of people like it.
So what's the scoop on the xc course? It's pretty early in the year for me to be in marathon shape.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Heidi said:
So what's the scoop on the xc course? It's pretty early in the year for me to be in marathon shape.
well i just didnt feel it, didnt seem to have a flow to it but mind you this was the first race that i started getting the idea that i was overtraining at and did pretty poorly.
the course itself is short but rocky/ledgey technical with a fair amount of climbing for it's shortness.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Sounds kinda cool - I'll try to incude it as a preseason "race" next year. I won't have high hopes for results, but it could be fun!