Quantcast

12mm to QR adapter fo any hub and every bike

DukeNukem3d

Monkey
Oct 4, 2004
I am searching for one of these. I saw one once and I think those things are usable on every bike but I am not sure. I mean, the thing is that its just a 12mm axle but the ends are cut to 10mm so it will fit the dropouts. I could make this myself. Only problem would be that normally on a 12mm dropout the bolts fit themselves into a hole so that the axle cannot move no matter what. On a QR dropout the axle would be removable because it isnt sunken (if you know what I mean)...

Thanks.

shock

Monkey
Feb 20, 2002
DukeNukem3d said:
I am searching for one of these. I saw one once and I think those things are usable on every bike but I am not sure. I mean, the thing is that its just a 12mm axle but the ends are cut to 10mm so it will fit the dropouts. I could make this myself. Only problem would be that normally on a 12mm dropout the bolts fit themselves into a hole so that the axle cannot move no matter what. On a QR dropout the axle would be removable because it isnt sunken (if you know what I mean)...

Thanks.
We make those. give me a call or email.

Brian, 765 528-2138

braketherapy@therapycomponents.com

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
I have often pondered this question myself. It would be perfect for mountaincross as most bikes specific to this discipline come stock with a QR in the rear. The added stiffness would really benefit this type of riding.