Quantcast

140mm Rotors on Saint Hydros?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Hey guys, so i have a set of old style saint brakes that i was thinking about throwing on my dj bike but i def want to run 140mm rotors to keep them nice and tucked away. Does anyone know if i can do this? And where in the hell can i find a standard round looking 6 bolt 140mm rotors that will work with shimano? Any help would be great...

Can I even get this same looking rotor in a 140mm? Not big on that wavey look like the avid has...

Last edited:

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
i'm running a Hope (older 1piece design) 140mm rotor with an Avid mechanical brake. no problem - works perfectly.

Saints are standard mount, so you shouldn't have any problem doing the same thing.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
cool i obviously have a standard mount on the back and would be running a pike on the front (yeah i am going to go front brake for a few reasons)...

I was just worried the rotor wouldnt extend far enough into the caliper to get the propper pad contact...

do you know if you can get those older hope rotors anymore? I dont know why they are making rotors so complicated with the floater, dont need it IMO.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I think shimano rotors are typically a few mm's smaller in OD than the rest so you may have issues running an avid. just what I heard...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Please keep in mind you'll have to run the FRONT caliper in the rear to put a 140mm disc back there. And about the discs themselves, try Alligator. They make several designs in stainless steel, and 140mm.
really why is that? I am taking them off of my DH bike from last season will the following work?

DH Front Brake: Rear of Tonic
DJ Rear Brake: Front of Tonic (doubt that ha)

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Please keep in mind you'll have to run the FRONT caliper in the rear to put a 140mm disc back there.

It make absolutely no difference what so ever where the caliper is bolted in this instance, or for any post mount caliper.

If you are referring to an IS mount caliper that is another story, but it is not relevant to the OP.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
It make absolutely no difference what so ever where the caliper is bolted in this instance, or for any post mount caliper.

If you are referring to an IS mount caliper that is another story, but it is not relevant to the OP.
ok thanks for clarifying i thought they were essentially the same, the rear uses an adapter and the front is a direct bolt onto my fork...