Quantcast

17" or 19" IH sunday??? im stuck...

xemini

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
I can't decide what size sunday to get, im guess im stuck in the middle as im 5"11, i was riding a Large gemini DH which seemed alright for me but im geting the feeling i could handle a smaller bike a bit better.. is it possible for the 17" to be too small for me at 5"11???
please guys i some help im lookin into the 17" as i wanna try something a bit smaller but will it be too small
???? thanks!

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
xemini said:
I can't decide what size sunday to get, im guess im stuck in the middle as im 5"11, i was riding a Large gemini DH which seemed alright for me but im geting the feeling i could handle a smaller bike a bit better.. is it possible for the 17" to be too small for me at 5"11???
please guys i some help im lookin into the 17" as i wanna try something a bit smaller but will it be too small
???? thanks!
I'm 5'11" and rode a 19" sunday for most of the season, and then a 17" for the last month or so, and was more comfortable on the 17. the 19 isn't *that* big, and I was able to ride it comfortably, but was just a bit too hard to throw around in the corners. If you're thinking that the L gemini was a bit too big, the 17" should fit you perfectly.

DHJay

Chimp
Apr 25, 2002
Bronx
I'm also 5'11" and just ordered a 19". I have shorter legs and longer torso. I tired CBJ's 17" and felt a bit cramped.

gangstamaxx

Monkey
Sep 12, 2005
CT
I would go with the 17 inch, Im 5'11'' and I ride a small orange 223
(15'') It fits me perfect, so flickable and maneuverable, went back and tried friends large and medium bikes after and there no going back, smaller just feels so much better...

art vandelay

Chimp
Aug 28, 2004
Golden, CO
I'd say 17". I have a 19" and it has a lot of room. I'm 6'4" and feel the 19 is perfect for someone my size, so a 17" should be great for you.

jungle

Monkey
Jan 11, 2006
I went thru the same thing a few weeks back
theres a few threads on RM asking the same thing if you do a search on sunday sizing

anyway, i'm 5'11" and went for the 17" after much stressing and it's a perfect fit for me

good luck with your choice

also
taken from ane of those threads meantioned on RM

5’3 to 5’8 = 16”
5’8 to 6’0 = 17”
6’ + = 19”

cheers

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
I am about 5 10 or 11 and I went with the 19, so far very happy with it. I have a moto background however and like longer bikes, at that height personal preference plays a large role

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
i am 190cm and my army is m/l and its perfect but apoca. is xl its little big...
i dont know how much is that in inch

i tryed m norco and its too small so i think every frame "is little difrent" in sizing...

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
jungle said:
I went thru the same thing a few weeks back
theres a few threads on RM asking the same thing if you do a search on sunday sizing

anyway, i'm 5'11" and went for the 17" after much stressing and it's a perfect fit for me

good luck with your choice

also
taken from ane of those threads meantioned on RM

5’3 to 5’8 = 16”
5’8 to 6’0 = 17”
6’ + = 19”

cheers
I hate beign 6' tall! Every bike maker in the world overlaps their sizing recommendations there.

I already bought my 19" though, and have been extremely happy with it. Feel more at home than I have on any other bike.

Eggzoi

Monkey
Jan 6, 2006
Australia
At that height it's pretty much up to you on what you want from a bike, large or small. Both will fit you fine.
I'm 6 foot and went 19" and think it fits perfectly.