Quantcast

1999 RS Judy Questions

novice

Chimp
Aug 8, 2001
Madison, WI
I have a 99' Judy SL long travel that i have a few questions about. First, i am looking for a good wiper seal so that i can run these without fork boots. I know, I know, I should keep the boots on the fork. But it looks so much better without he boots. Can I use the seals from a sid? Where could I get these?
I would also like to know if i can change the travel to about 65 mm of travel? And if by reducing the travel I also reduce the axel to crown height of the fork. Thanks.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
hey rookie

you can run that fork ok without boots and without changing the wiper seals too, if your seals are toast maybe try some from white bros (dont hold your breath though as they did just get bought out by eko sport and are kinda in the process of moving and all still)
theonly difference will be that youll have to change the oil more often.

as for the travel reduction, you can do that ok, its easy if you have a hydracoil fork, you can get it to 63mm by changing some spacers in there from the main spring stack to the topout stack,
there is probably more help at rs website or at www.angyasian.com, it will lower the fork by the amount youreduce the travel exactly

if you have a cart judy you can change the travel too its a bit more hassle as you have to remove an elastomer and put it in the top out stack.

post back if you need more info