Quantcast

2:03!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Our downtown area is trying to force us to pay to park in a parking garage which is not necessary. There is two hour parking all around our office now, but we figured out a while back that between leaving for lunch and moving our cars occasionally, we come out cheaper just getting 3 or so parking tickets a month and not having to park in the garage.
So anyway, I just got a parking ticket for parking in a 2 hour zone.
The ticket said time elapsed 2:03
That fat walrus of a meter maid waddled out and got me right before I left. 3 minutes over. She was looking all proud, smug and walrussy practically clapping her flippers together. Oh, and thank god she had on her little orange safety vest, otherwise drivers may not have seen a 300 pound walrus standing in the street.
I need to befriend this thing somehow. Maybe I will fill up the back of my truck with fish.
I ran into our city project planner the other day, and he said , "Hey man, they are out to get you." I thought he was kidding.
I now must train in the ancient art of outsmarting the mighty land walrus, crusher of dreams and chairs.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Get a moped, park it on the sidewalk. Manage to nail the walrus on the moped and have twice the fun with twice the shame.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I worked with this jackass who was too lazy to walk the mile he lived from the office and too cheap to pay for garage parking. Every 90 minutes he would leave for about 20 minutes while he moved his car.

You got a ticket, pay up and suck it up, princess.

h22ekhatch

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Portland
I worked with this jackass who was too lazy to walk the mile he lived from the office and too cheap to pay for garage parking. Every 90 minutes he would leave for about 20 minutes while he moved his car.

Really? At $1.25/hr for meter parking you would think by the time a whole work day came and went he would have been able to pay for a garage spot anyway?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001

Thx Dad,
Is the same speech your drunk son gets when he gets out of jail?
This is a fun thread about a walrus lady.
Save your preaching for Sunday.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Here's the plan:

1: park car
2: glue snickers bar to bottom of parking meter
3: wait for glue to dry
4: return after 1:58
5: while she's waiting to give you a ticket she'll undoubtedly try to pick up the snickers bar. casually knock her over.
6: while she's doing the "turtle on it's back" maneuver, drive away
7: repeat every day till she learns her lession

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
7: repeat every day till she learns her lession
If it's food, she's obviously not going to learn her lesson otherwise she wouldn't be a fat walrus, which is why it could be a source of potential entertainment for years to come!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Thx Dad,
Is the same speech your drunk son gets when he gets out of jail?
This is a fun thread about a walrus lady.
Save your preaching for Sunday.
I just think it's funny you got a ticket and now your pissed off. That's all. Sorry I took out my aggression toward an ex-coworker out in this thread.

My drunk son doesn't get speeches, he's 21 and it's his own damn fault. But thanks for asking.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
Update:
I just spotted the subject downstairs in the local coffee shop eating a cup of ice cream. I went in for a refill, and spotted her right away because of her bright orange vest.
I smiled and waved, because I now know her weakness.
But Ice cream will melt in my truck bed.....
More work to do.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Put a ham sammich right in the middle of the bed, that way when she's reaching in, she might reach too far and fall in, then while the "turtle on it's back" move is going on you come up and point and laugh.

Dang it, I just realized my plan's flaw...how to remove the walrus lady.

You don't happen to have a dumping bed...or a crane sitting aroud do you?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
We've got a similar problem, only ours is a male peacock. He struts around and postures like he's got the most serious and important job downtown. I've seen this tool chew out little old grannies because he didn't like their parking job. The peacock pretends to have way more authority than he does. Since he is not real law enforcement I don't take him to seriously. They stop writing tickets at 4:30, the peacock wrote me up at 4:26. Now when I see him writing me a ticket, I just get in the van and drive off!

I don't want to make friends with the peacock, but the idea of hooking car batteries up to the wiper blades has crossed my mind.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
maybe she speaks jabba the hutt, you should try that one time.

maybe she's just a lost soul waiting for her han solo frozen in carbonite to be delivered.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
there's always the "cool hand luke" option when dealing with parking meters. or you could always bribe the icecream provider to give her a laxative-laced serving. no tickets that day.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
Update:
I just spotted the subject downstairs in the local coffee shop eating a cup of ice cream. I went in for a refill, and spotted her right away because of her bright orange vest.
I smiled and waved, because I now know her weakness.
But Ice cream will melt in my truck bed.....
More work to do.
you litterally made me lol,
thank you for making my day awesome:banana: