Quantcast

20°Threads dry GMT°02

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Job Counter offer requesting additional vacation sent. Hiring manager has my back, will see if he can turn the gears in the corporate machine.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
They are actually surprisingly affordable. I was browsing on craigslist last night and saw mini-buses from ~$3800 up to full size Thomas buses around $15K. It would certainly make a significantly cheaper platform than an RV.
Probably cost less than an old /
Shoveling the driveway??

:rimshot:
I was thinking sitting in traffic thinking about snowboarding.

:D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
School buses usually have WAY better ground clearance than muni buses. Which could be an advantage out here...
It's still going to be a giant vehicle, RWD, with street duallies. It's not some expedition school bus we're talking about here. :D

Something like this, 30'. I wouldn't get one with the second door. One of the UW shuttle buses was sans extra door (or was it that one of them had the extra door?), betraying its lineage as an ex-King County Metro bus.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
That said, that front overhang does look pretty hideous for approach angle now that you mention it. It's a kneeling bus, though: hack it to stand up taller? :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
That said, that front overhang does look pretty hideous for approach angle now that you mention it. It's a kneeling bus, though: hack it to stand up taller? :D
Yeah - the length of any of these will be a problem... but as long as you do your due-diligence prior to heading out... I was thinking something like this modified:

Approach angle on this bad-boy would be WAY better than anything you or I have. :D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Yeah - the length of any of these will be a problem... but as long as you do your due-diligence prior to heading out... I was thinking something like this modified:

Approach angle on this bad-boy would be WAY better than anything you or I have. :D
I see many opportunity to high-center that beyatch.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Today is hungry day. Trying not to be a coffee whore. Friend says excessive caffeine disrupts calcium uptake. Humurous isn't healing quickly... I finally looked at the x-rays and I shattered it into 5 pieces. Huge plate of steel now...need rest, sunshine, food, and water. Least I have the food and water.

School bus conversions are cool, convert to run on propane and put a 500gallon tank on there. Then you could run a cook stove and gas heat.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001

I see many opportunity to high-center that beyatch.
Meh. Shared Skittles is used to that kind of breakover angle with his miles-long F-150 already. :D No sense of having an approach angle of 80 degrees if breakover is still 15...

a couple of weeks a go on ebay there was a lifted short bus converted to 4WD for 9500 in canada.

still for sale...

dream bus to convert...
Not bad. Good size for solo living out of it with some insulation. Nissan NV van with high roof and Quigley 4x4 would be fun, too, or this 4x4 Sprinter from the employee parking lot at work: