Quantcast

20" of Love

Mar 28, 2007
heres my rig its a volume deathwish painted about 90times due to me being injured and bored around the house with profile hubs and odyssey race forks, shadow 13b big bars etc rides very nice but any ways let me know what you guys think cheers

:monkeydance:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
ridiculous.

how big are you?
i'm 6'4, ride 8" united squad bars, and want to cut my steerer.... why do you want your bars so high?
I'm 6'4 too. Its all personal preference. That extra 1/2 inch of steerer makes it alot easier on my back.

Why would you want your bars lower?

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
i dont know why everyone thinks im a bitch, it hink youre jsut trying to make me one?

i asked 2 questions, described my setup, and said one word.

callllllm down guys.

i want my bars lower so i can get my pop, but i like the 8" feel. having 9" bars seems wayyyy high.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
heres my rig its a volume deathwish painted about 90times due to me being injured and bored around the house with profile hubs and odyssey race forks, shadow 13b big bars etc rides very nice but any ways let me know what you guys think cheers

:monkeydance:
damn, and i thought bmx was hard on my wrists...you must be gnar without any grips.

ohhh **** guys...was that too negative? so sorry, soooo sorry:plthumbsdown: :disgust1:

you keep calling me a boy, and that i dont have hair on my ass(which i do), ect...i think you guys need to MAN up and not be so butt hurt aobut every comment. its the internet guys. honestly. relax.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
Chase Hawk is fairly short and he's running the new Lumberjack bars. They are 8.25". He's running a flipped stem though.
thats cause hes trendy, and gets paid to ride the newest parts.

:shocked:

hes running tall bars, and a negative rise stem...bringing the grand total to be 8".

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
the DL stem looks sweet. eastern has a stem coming out called decepticon. under 8 oz. is what they say...

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
the DL stem looks sweet. eastern has a stem coming out called decepticon. under 8 oz. is what they say...
thats getting pretty scary...i mean, my elementary is damn light, and pretty thin. i dont know if id want them taking that much metal out of a critical part...

and these stems have only been in testing for what...2-3 months? wasnt the elementary testing for 2 years?

sb317

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
North Carolina
It's really stable at the trails and I don't notice it riding street. The axle is way out but I just haven't felt like messing with the chain yet so I've left it alone.

sokoloka

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego / London
Alright. So I'm getting ready to pull the BMX trigger - and before I do, I'd like to get my self-designed spec checked out since I am no BMX expert.

Frame Simple Enigma 21.05"

Cockpit
Fork Odyssey Race
Bars Odyssey Lumberjack
Stem Odyssey Elementary
Headset FSA Impact/Fly Hopup Kit?
Grips Animal Edwins

Drivetrain
Cranks Profile Race/Wombolts?
Spindle Titanium
Sprocket something or other
Pedals Wellgo MG1
BB Whoever
Chain KMC 710SL

Seating
Seat Senior/Coalition
Post Thomson 25.4
Clamp The raddest one

Brake
Lever Odyssey Monolever or M2
Cable Odyssey Linear Slic
Brake Odyssel Evolver II
Pads Koolstop MTB dual compound

Wheels
Front
Hub G-Sport Marmoset
Spokes Odyssey or Dt Swiss
Rim Odyssey 7KA/Fly Orange
Tire KHE Premium Street 2.1

Rear
Hub Primo Mix
Spokes Odyssey or Dt Swiss
Rim Odyssey 7KA/Fly Orange?
Tire KHE Premium Street 2.1

Other
Pegs Odyssey most likely?

Other critical information - I'm 6'4 so the huge bars aren't there to be trendy. I've been borrowing my buddy's 20.5 tt Eastern with 7.5 bars and it feels just a touch too small.

Rip it up folk!

http://www.streetsteeze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1587#1587

www.streetsteeze.com!!

Mar 28, 2007
yeh it had no grips coz one of my mates stuffed them n i hadnt been into town to get knew ones yet but it has grips on it now lol just awaiting my new fly stem brakes n pedals..
that premium looks mega long

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Alright. So I'm getting ready to pull the BMX trigger - and before I do, I'd like to get my self-designed spec checked out since I am no BMX expert.
build sounds good. just an idea, if you want the fly headset hop up, just go for the fly bearings and have a complete h/s. no need to get an fsa and the fly hop up. forget the thompson post for bmx. you can get a macneil, odyssey, or coalition seat/post combo for less than a thompson post. everything else sounds sweet. post up

Mar 28, 2007
just get the fly headset because its internal and comes with everything you need. no need to get fsa impact first and yeh i wouldnt worry about a thompson post you can get most bmx post that are lighter and cheaper aswell build sounds great though

Mar 28, 2007
and profile race would be the go because alot of my mates have those wombolts and reckon thier no good even the fly cranks are really nice and super light to so that would save you the need of the ti spindal well good luck mate

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
sokoloka:

why thomson? get something cheaper, and cut it to an inch. to be honest, the macneil/pivot seats are sick, i HIGHLY recommend them.

8.25 bars are huge. im 6'4, and we've both had similar bikes....8" bars give you A LOT more options, and something lighter.

dont get profiles. try somethign new. get flys. trust me...super light, super stiff, super cool.
buy a fly headset...not impact and hop up.

7ka's are obviously awesome, but so are the fly rims... that ones a tie.

i'm sure whatever you do, it'll look good.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Fly's may not be the way to go with cranks. My friend snapped his left crank on Thursday. He doesn't do grinds, or anything that would cause a normal crank to snap.

I think Wombolts might be the way to go.
i wonder if the fly or odyssey team have as many problems with cranks as regular dudes do. ive heard the plastic wedge in wombolts are crap. who knows, i personally like the fly's better and just got a set.

Mar 28, 2007
yeh alot of people have the flys and love them thats the first ive heard of a set snaping you could allways go the good old primo hollowbites with a ti spindal but thier pretty big

MC peepants

Monkey
Sep 20, 2006
i love my fly cranks, the only thing that has happened though is the spindle bolt coming loose once, even though i tightened it hard, i guess bolts of any kind will come loose from time to time. No big deal though i retightened it a few weeks ag and check it before i ride just to make sure everything is ok.

jherich

Chimp
Sep 1, 2005
North Texas
I like my bike ALOT

BIKE CHECK
frame FBM Autopilot (Oxblood)
forks Odyssey Race (not Pictured) - Drive Lite
handlebars FBM Ape Hangers (not Pictured) - Answer Race Bars
stem Primo Hi-Def (not Pictured) - Drive Twin Black/Gold
rims Primo 7000 Balance
hubs Primo LT front Primo Mix Rr
tires Fr Fly Ruben Rr Odssey Path
sprocket Circus 28t (not Pictured) - Odssey MDS 25t
cranks Profile
grips T-Nez
brake set up Fiesta 990 in the rear (not Pictured) - Odssey Evo 2
pedals Drive Pro Mags (not Pictured) - Odssey Jim C's (for now)
Headset Kink
seat post Macneil Fat Capitol
Seat Post Clamp S&M
seat Macneil pivitol
extras Stuff
RIDER BIO
name jherich
birthday Why
local spot(s) Krogers, and the Mexican resturant
favorite street spot(s) All over Denton, and the Mexican Resturant with the wall ride in The Colony
favorite skatepark(s) Allen
years(s) riding several riding other types of bikes, a few months on BMX
sponsor(s) nobody but I need some let me know if you want to help out.
favorite trick(s) 50/50's Tail Taps and Wall Rides (trying to learn them for now)
goal(s) for this year Ride better than I did before breaking my leg, and 360ing the spine at Allen

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
i wonder if the fly or odyssey team have as many problems with cranks as regular dudes do. ive heard the plastic wedge in wombolts are crap. who knows, i personally like the fly's better and just got a set.
but that wedge is supposed to stop the ol' dreaded loose bolt action... which some of the fly's still suffer... and I don't think that wedge is plastic, but it is brittle and can break down into sections, but shouldn't matter when it's clamped down....

Some sickly smooth rides droppin' on this thread, keep'em comin'! I could post my old wethepeople up here, but it's laughably old school in comparison to the lightweight tech rigs here...

xcursedx

Chimp
Mar 11, 2007
519 ( forrest city massive )
Fly's may not be the way to go with cranks. My friend snapped his left crank on Thursday. He doesn't do grinds, or anything that would cause a normal crank to snap.

I think Wombolts might be the way to go.
don't think so , a buddy snapped mine , at the spindle boss. kinda crazy

so far out of all the new generation cranks the shadow torrids look the best so far

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Doooo it. Are you a street rider? Park rider? Then yes.

Personally I like the 26s better for trails, but that's just 'cause I don't have the skills to ride 20s on trails well.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Doooo it. Are you a street rider? Park rider? Then yes.

Personally I like the 26s better for trails, but that's just 'cause I don't have the skills to ride 20s on trails well.

i ride lots of street since i live in the city but trails are what i love..unfortunately all of the jump spots or potential building spots around here are a drive away so i spend most or all of my time riding street. i love my trailpimp though...so i've decided to sell my DH bike so i can pick up a 20" rig soon:monkeydance: