Quantcast

2001 cannondale jekyll brake rotor/caliper spacing

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
so i've got my 2001 jekyll that...and i've got a wheelset thats been sitting around for a year or so and is probably worth more than the bike, but i need a new wheelset on it. the problem is, cannondale has a thing with the hubs which makes the spacing for the rotor too far out...there was some spacers on the calipers so i moved them from one side of the frame to the other, but it's still just a hair short. there is some extra metal on the frame/fork and i've heard that the only way to get wheelset to work is to take a dremel to the frame and grind down those extra spacers or whatever they are. i was just wondering if anyone has had experience with this, and what did you do about it. and before anyone says anything, i don't have money to buy a new bike

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
Do you mean that you can't move the caliper far enough away from the wheel/rotor to keep it from rubbing?

Don't dremel anything. You can put some real small washers between the rotor and the hub to space it out. I've seen a few jeckylls that need this done.

What kind of brakes?