Quantcast

2001 Psylo bushing replacement problem

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I have a 2001 Psylo with the smaller bushings. Recently I got some knocking in it so I got a free longer bushing kit from Rock Shox. My question is about the lower bushing...is it supposed to go as far down as the old bushing (making it longer towards the top) or is it supposed to go further into the fork lowers???

After playing around with it at the shop, I found the fork to be really stiff. Stiff to the point where the first stroke is really sticky. After that, it's still very stiff but not really sticky. Should I pull the lower bushings up towards to top of the lowers a bit. Maybe because of pushing them in so deep, they got compressed or something. Thanks for any help.

Jan 15, 2002
Suburban MA, USA
Hey, I have the same issue with a spent set of bushings from a 2001 Psylo SL. I wasn't able to get any bushings because I bought the fork 2nd hand. How did you go about getting a replacement set? Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Couch

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
I just replaced the original short bushings in the wifes Psylo SL for the current deep ones. I pushed them in about 1 cm too far. There was no one at the shop that knew the procedure and no instructions with the tools. The inside of the sliders taper in and the fork wouldn't move at all. Had to pull them up a bit but now its still a bit sticky but should break in soon. You need to get the depth measurement to determine where they go.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Originally posted by CouchingTiger
Hey, I have the same issue with a spent set of bushings from a 2001 Psylo SL. I wasn't able to get any bushings because I bought the fork 2nd hand. How did you go about getting a replacement set? Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Couch
I actually got lucky with getting them...I work at a shop and when my service manager went to the Toronto show, Rock Shox gave him a free set of bushings...with no instructions or anything. You can but them. In the kit you get the upper and lower bushings and the upper and lower seals.

What I'll do is pull the lower bushings out a little. Thanks for all the help!!