Quantcast

2002 bombshell betty??

aoe

Chimp
Oct 21, 2001
hey guys i need some opinions on this fork. it has a pretty good spec. 36mm stantions, external rebound, micro grease ports, built in moto stem. does anyone have any experience or opion on the fork? i would be getting rid of my 01 jrt to get it. i need a 20mm fork now.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by .::Buetang::.
they only thing I know of bomb$h!t forks to be good for is making potato guns out of their lowers... :dead:
The Kamikazi looks reasonable. If the new betty is a similar platform (open bath) it could be good.

It just came out though, so I don't know how many opinions you'll find...

edit: just checked the site. It uses the same gas-charged cartridge as the marylin/wendy. I'd say stay away.

Why don't they just make it open bath? It's not any harder to make. It just weighs more.

KonaDude

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada.
I would stay far away from Bombshell forks. They have been problematic from day 1, every single one we've sold at the shop I work in has. I installed a Kamikaze (which is a decent feeling fork, similar to a Monster T in feel) on a fellow's bike. Took the bike out for a quick test ride and noticed a lot of oil leaking past the rebound adjuster. I managed to fix the problem with a few O-rings, but that should not be how a fork is shipped.

I've seen a few Bombshells seize, one got stuck partially compressed, just gross. Stay away, your Jr. T is better.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Gas charged rebound damper, no oil bath or compression control. I read the MBR thread, these forks got better and better, but ther rep forced them off the scene in 02.