Quantcast

2003 Boxxer Team issue

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
has anyone else had this problem?

I bought a 2003 boxxer right before winter, and I've ridden it maybe...and I mean maybe around my block and that's it. I noticed if the fork sat for an hour or so it would lock out. I'd have to ride it around and bounce on it for a bit before it started completely working again.

More detail for ya. What I mean by lock out is.. that when I get on it the fork doesn't compress at all even if I hit something. But then every time I do hit somehting it moves a little more each time( about 1/2 an inch) till it uses all of it's travel. After that the fork seems ok. But then if I let it sit for a while (about an hour or so) it becomes locked out again.

I was thinking about stripping it down and rebuilding it all... maybe there was air in the compresion damping chamber making this happen.... But I've gotten lazy over the winter and never opend it up. So before I started pullin it apart I figured I'd ask to see if anyone else has seen this.

thanks!

Bebbster

Chimp
Nov 18, 2001
Oxfordshire, UK
My Races do that. Its the o-ring on the damper shaft that causes it. One of the 'Black Box' mods for the 2003 forks that TFTuned do is replacing that o-ring with a glide ring.

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Once again thanks...

I've been chattin with the guys at RS and there's also a theory that the base "homer" valve may be flipped upside down on the rebound damper. I dont know... I'm just gonna rip it apart now and see for myself. RS said I could send it back to them...screw that, I bought the fork to ride, not ship back and forth to them! I'll figure it out myself, and if I need parts I'll have em ship them to my shop under warranty....hell ya!! Ok I got my head of steam going, now I just have to convice RS to send me the pars...LOL

Once again thanks! Once I actually open the fork up and find out what the actual issue is 100% I'll let you know.

:monkey: