Quantcast

2005 Monster Park competition photos

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
I shot a ton this weekend. Much more than I rode in fact. This is gonna have to be the shots I deem best because I have waayyy too many.

Here is Jamie Goldman. Really good rider.

Chris Van Dine. The Van Dine roll is awesome. If it was a sandwhich I'd eat it.

Duncan footplantage

Kinrade Bailing.

Goldman flipping.

Smutok.

Mccaul on the wallride.

Berrecloth

Super T with a hot no footed can.

Kinrade on the BIG drop.

Steve R

Vanderham on the large table.

Grant Breshears gapping the wall. Remember this guy, he's good, not to mention cool as hell. He backflipped one of the bigger doubles at the top of the course. I thought he would wing at least top 5.

Thats all for now.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
.:Jeenyus:. said:
Looks like he's about 15 feet over the lip :eek:
Jeebus, at the least. That is HUGE air. It musta been sick to see all those pros throw down hella gnar-core style. Thanks for the pics.

T-Pirate said:
Chris Van Dine. The Van Dine roll is awesome. If it was a sandwhich I'd eat it.
Yup. I agree. Saw that sh|t at Sea Otter. Completely nuts. That guy has major talent.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
glad to see spokomton boy grant breshears was out there killin it... ive ridin with him, hes too good for words

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
T pirate, I am in one of your pics, standing there on the berm next to aaron lutz shooting kinrade in a black shirt/hat. I just got into town, straight from WV to work at 7:30 am :mumble: but i took over 600 pics i am going to try and get them up tonight...here is the only shot i have uploaded thus far check it.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
T-Pirate said:
Vanderham on the large table.

That's my friend Marks bike Vanderham is on. His didn't show up for the event in time so they looked him up and borrowed his "Wade Simmons" ed RMX for the weekend. Vanderham was super cool about it and hooked up Mark with the DHX shock he put on it along with other swag.

Mike

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Nick said:
Good pictures TP. Thanks for posting.

Is Super T running a Rohloff hub?
yes he is running a rohloff, makes sense i think esp for his riding style... there were alot of cool bike setups one of my favorites wash chase's prophet with prototype hugi fr wheels, check out the trick sticker of his face on the frame. I have some really good shots of some of the bikes i will try to get up later (this one is from the match site)...

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Thanks guys, keep looking. Everyone needs to tell BIKE to give me a media pass next year. This was all taken off-course. Lots of photogs in the way. I'll be posting my really nice shots as soon as they get rejected by magazines.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
T-Pirate said:
Thanks guys, keep looking. Everyone needs to tell BIKE to give me a media pass next year. This was all taken off-course. Lots of photogs in the way. I'll be posting my really nice shots as soon as they get rejected by magazines.
Where are you sending them into? The cool thing though is that you did not have to sign the disclosure agreement and if you get good stuff, you can indeed send it in to magazines. Alot of guys shooting had to sign the waiver. As for media passes, they were on lockdown with them, I had one until the day of the event then they changed thier minds...but somehow i managed to get all my shots :evil:

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Where are you sending them into? The cool thing though is that you did not have to sign the disclosure agreement and if you get good stuff, you can indeed send it in to magazines. Alot of guys shooting had to sign the waiver. As for media passes, they were on lockdown with them, I had one until the day of the event then they changed thier minds...but somehow i managed to get all my shots :evil:
Oh I was sneakin like a mofo. I know I can send them anywhere, the problem is...every shot has BIKE magazine plastered all over every ramp. No magazine wants to publicize his competitor. I'm going to send some of them to the riders' sponsors. (for example my good Ebbett and Smutok shots can go to Sinister). I'm sure at least ONE of the companies represented need advertising shots. The stuff I didn't post is for sure the best of the bunch.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
T-Pirate said:
Oh I was sneakin like a mofo. I know I can send them anywhere, the problem is...every shot has BIKE magazine plastered all over every ramp. No magazine wants to publicize his competitor. I'm going to send some of them to the riders' sponsors. (for example my good Ebbett and Smutok shots can go to Sinister). I'm sure at least ONE of the companies represented need advertising shots. The stuff I didn't post is for sure the best of the bunch.

Yeah i totally get you on that, the spectator areas were not that bad of an angle actually. I got out on the course a bit, and really got some amazing stuff.(1.5 gb worth), many of which the board wont see :)...sorry guys...Did you see sterling running around? He was my inside line on all the angles ;)

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
dirtjumpP.1 said:
glad to see spokomton boy grant breshears was out there killin it... ive ridin with him, hes too good for words
Word man, grant is too cool, I rode with him most of the day saturday, and then went and tried to ride some of the Monster park with him... he is extremly talented.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Curiouscaptian01 said:
Word man, grant is too cool, I rode with him most of the day saturday, and then went and tried to ride some of the Monster park with him... he is extremly talented.
Mos Def. Me and the Greensboro NC crowd talked to him a lot. The only thing i didnt like about him was that he got screwed out of his rightful 4th or 5th and into 8th. WTF? I talked to him before the results were called and he figured he got 5th (I was thinking better than that) but they called them, he said the only thing he was mad about was that Paul B. got 9th. As far as I know he was the only guy to flip that first hit off the drop, and him and Paul were the only ones to do it off the last table thing. I really think that if Grant had made it over the wall on one of his finals runs he would have been at least 4th, if not on the podium.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
grant is a great rider but i don't like how he is so full of himself...but you gotta respect his talent. having ridden with him afew different times he is damn good!

Gregg

Chimp
May 24, 2005
Morgantown, WV
manhattanprjkt83 said:
yes he is running a rohloff, makes sense i think esp for his riding style... there were alot of cool bike setups one of my favorites wash chase's prophet with prototype hugi fr wheels, check out the trick sticker of his face on the frame. I have some really good shots of some of the bikes i will try to get up later (this one is from the match site)...

Nice pics man. Definately get pics of the bikes. I always like seeing the pros bikes. That prophet is crazy.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
as it turns out i dont have as many bike pics as I thought...I just was really interested in chase's bike in particular, it just seems so solid, and im not positive but those larsons seem to be a prototype, they have to be bigger than 2.3...Chase NEVER rides a fully either unless he is racing DH. crazy stuff...alot of guys were on fullys things are changing...

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
strenght, and i think theres another reason to. think of it this way, if the manufactor (sp?) puts an arrow on it to rotate a sertin way. there has to be a reason

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
allsk8sno said:
grant is a great rider but i don't like how he is so full of himself...but you gotta respect his talent. having ridden with him afew different times he is damn good!
It's weird cause I usually cant stand people that are really full of themselves either. But I think I had Grant figured as not really a popmus ass, but just really confident. Especially sense he didnt bitch about being put 9th after putting his ass on the line twice on those hugebackflips

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Nice Pics!!

I dunno if you all just kind of skipped over Dartman's post, but Vanderham was riding a Richmond locals bike!

Apparantly the airport lost some of the pros bikes or somthing like that, and my buddy Mark was up there with his Rocky Mountain RMX, so they searched him out, stripped down his bike and rebuilt it for Vanderham to ride to 2nd place on!

When they were done, Mark got to keep all the parts except the fork :thumb: