Quantcast

2005 Rotec RL9

Sep 10, 2001
Seattle,WA
Hi Folks,

Thought I'd check in with some pics from IB and of the new frameset built up. The response has been great to the new design as well.

www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=324086
www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=324085
www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=324084

Also check out www.mertlawwill.com, go to the main page then go to news!

I've also included more spec info and news regarding the RL9 as their has been so many requests for information from all the locals as well as worldwide. If any one has questions please let us know.

So here goes, its abit long so bear with me.

Chainstay swingarm (lower):
As stated the production swingarm will be lighter but yet stronger. The biggest gain is improved unsprung weight figures as its very important to have the rear shock perform at its very best!

Seatstay swingarm (upper):
The present piece on the proto is true to form....only a slight change will be made to improve production process. For the most part its pretty dialed.

Mainframe:
As stated will have some improvements made to improve strength and production. The design and look on the proto will carry over on the production. Sexy and smooth........!

Droplinks:
The present pieces were scabbed off a Yeti to get the thing rolling. The production pieces will offer some major improvements over the past designs utlized by Schwinn, Yeti, Tomac as well as have a replaceable hanger. The lower bearings will be outboard instead of inboard to increase strength and stiffness as well.

Rear spacing:
Still 150mm for zero dish with the 150 hub (must be able to step down to allow floater to mount)but will fit 135's as well.

Rear Floater (brake):
Will not be the Brake Therapy piece as we will have a nice factory unit. But the BT piece is a nice Bling touch!

Rear shock:
Progressive Suspension will be the OE spec shock. All RL9's will come with the CVT3 9.5x3. The RL9 frameset performs quite nicely with a fox as well. But then again I plead the 5th!!

Pricing:
Wish I could say it was going to be Tawian cheap but it aint so. Solid construction and mfg reputation will not be passed over for cheaper deal.

**The Rotec RL9 is a true american performer that offers made in america quality with a solid and proven Lawwill heritage to boot. Why settle for less. Pricing will be consistant with the other made in the USA mfgs. MSRP(suggested) $2400ish usd. Completes only to be offered as special order custom built units.

Sizing:
Framesets will be offered in Small, Medium and Large.

Geo specs are as follows:

Head angles will be directly effected by crown/axle distances as in the case of 7-8 inch sliders or boxxers or 7-8 Dors or 888's.

Headtube dia: 1.50 (all 2005 Rotec models will be 1.5 only

Headtube length: 5 inch

Headtube with 1.5 headset: 6.25 inch

Head Angle: 66.5 deg with 7 inch fork (aprox 21.5 inch axle to crown), 65.5 deg with 8 inch fork (aprox 22.5 axle to crown).

Seat tube angle: 58/60 deg between the two fork sizes (7-8inch).

Seat post: 31.6

Top tube: Center of the headtube to the center of the seat tube at the clamp is 22.5 Effective with 5 inch of seatpost extended out is 25 inch for the large.

**Remember that the Proto is a Large frame. the med and small will be relative in reduction (aprox 1 inch for each size down). This will also reflect in the critical dimension of downtube length.

Stand over: 30 inch for the large, 29 for the med, 28 for the small.

Downtube: 26 inch for large, 25 for med and 24 small. Their will more then likely be some minor adjustments prior to production.

Wheelbase: Large 46, Med 45, Small 44 this may also be adjusted prior to production.

Front/center: 29 for large, 27.5 for the Med and 26 for the Small.

BB height: 15 inch across all three. Their may be a slight adjustment for the Small.

Axle to ground F&R" 13.5. Will change with tire sizes.
26 inch wheel specific with up to 2.8 tire clearance.

Colors: all Rotecs are anodized for a great finish that not only stands out but stands up! Med Blue, Bright Orange, Black and Pewter (gunmetal, or as some would say XTR grey).

Regards,

The Rotec Team

Sep 10, 2001
Seattle,WA
Hey Incubus,

Frameset does not include the hub, only the 12mm axle and shock (no Ti)
We do offer as options either the Hadley or Sun Ringle hubs.
Also available are Ti springs and Hopeys units.

:thumb:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
What, it doesn't come in Rhino Red? :D

Sulley I will need to meet up with you soon. I am up in Mt Vernon this weekend. I might try and swing by on Sunday.

Rhino

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Looking good Sully.

I guess I'll have to add that frame to my list of possible frames once I graduate :) .

I really like the geometry. You wouldn't happen to have any numbers for the chainstay length for the final production bikes? Also, will there be anyway to maybe adjust bottom bracket height to get it a little lower? Lower longer bikes help my lanky ass feel stable :p .