Quantcast

2005 SEI TURNER DHR - First Photos

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Jeremy R said:
When the smoke clears up, look a little closer at the shock. :thumb:
Well, I'm at work so there is no smoke present to clear. I looked again and...yes, it's a Fox- not that pvssy 5th E that I hate more than anything. What do you see when you rub your eyes clean and look again? It would appear one of us was more sparing with the KB this morning than the other!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
LOOnatic said:
Is that the permanent location for the shock resi?
If so what is it mounted to?
Turner and Fox made a custom part, and the resi is mounted very securely to the frame. I am anxious to get my E13 bashguard on there to get a better feel of how much it be protected. But as far as the mount, it is mounted solid. The resi and the hose do not move. I am hoping that between the frame and the bashguard it will be well protected.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Just had Fred install the Double XC Flush and my Works 888....boy does it match up SOOoooooooo well. Now, as soon as that E13 stuff arrives..... :D

Dave, JohnP, Heiki and crew...I love you all so very much.... :sneaky:

bizutch said:
Just had Fred install the Double XC Flush and my Works 888....boy does it match up SOOoooooooo well. Now, as soon as that E13 stuff arrives..... :D

Dave, JohnP, Heiki and crew...I love you all so very much.... :sneaky:
I installed the double-xc flush reducer headset on a rail and the bottom cartridge bearing just popped out... ??

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
That thing is looking hot bizutch, im so tempted to pull my bike apart and send it off to the powder coaters to get it done white. Nice :thumb:

So you go to all this trouble to get the lowest possible bar hieght then stick in an inch of spacers............ :D

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Cave Dweller said:
That thing is looking hot bizutch, im so tempted to pull my bike apart and send it off to the powder coaters to get it done white. Nice :thumb:

So you go to all this trouble to get the lowest possible bar hieght then stick in an inch of spacers............ :D
nope. getting the Thomson X4 stem and wanted to leave myself space before the final cut! didn't know how much taller the X4 was when he was cutting it

Monkey
Apr 17, 2003
Edinburgh
CBJ said:
360 I thought you would be on a Sunday?
I was but there was some unreconsilable (is that a word>?) differences. So I went back to a pervious offer from turner.

hopefully I'll have, mine built ready soon and its going to be under 40lbs (i think) :D

Feb 3, 2005
Whistler
MINE COMES TOMMOROW.
I think a group of us are coming down for easter weekend to ride with u guys (S.E.I.) so hopefully we can compare frames then. Just have to build up some wheels.

Carlos

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
goo deal. Let me know which day you guys, Flow, Fury, and the fabulous five are wanting to shuttle. I got one day I can commit and others to commit to the rest....(stares sadly and longingly out the window wondering when the E13 guide will come to make his bike complete....)

ED75

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
France
Are you sure to keep the flush on the down side ?
I'm afraid your low crowns're gonna touch the frame ?

I'm the owner of a 04 DHR, just got my 888 with the same crowns ... will keep my regular XC down & stay with the E-13 on top !

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
ED75 said:
Are you sure to keep the flush on the down side ?
I'm afraid your low crowns're gonna touch the frame ?

I'm the owner of a 04 DHR, just got my 888 with the same crowns ... will keep my regular XC down & stay with the E-13 on top !
The fork is already on the bike bro...and the crowns are clear of the downtube!
No issues with clearance...Speed Metal Racing's Oly found that his E13 reducer cups let the Fox DH40 contact the frame though.

But like I said..not a problem with the 888 flush crowns.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
bizutch said:
The fork is already on the bike bro...and the crowns are clear of the downtube!
No issues with clearance...Speed Metal Racing's Oly found that his E13 reducer cups let the Fox DH40 contact the frame though.

But like I said..not a problem with the 888 flush crowns.
The problem with the DH40's lower crown is that it ramps up at the end for the area that the clamp bolts are. A standard lower cup wouldnt hit... Ill have pics later...