Quantcast

2006 c-dale chaase bike w/ sick looking chainguide pics!!!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Just saw this on the match videosine site:

www.matchvideozine.com

this thing looks pretty sick, alot better than their other efforts, and how about that chainguide...thoughts comments???

this is the part that makes me feel funny in the pants :)

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
leprechaun said:
Wassup with those totally sweet Mosquito tires???WTF
Isn't he Maxxis super Bro??
That is what I am saying, he basically brought the hookworms and holly rollers to the 26" market, i dont get it :confused:

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
leprechaun said:
Wassup with those totally sweet Mosquito tires???WTF
Isn't he Maxxis super Bro??
That's not his bike. In the 2nd picture you can see the copper colored bike with Maxxis tires on it, that's his. The white bike is probably just a demo that he isn't currently riding. The bike has Hutinson tires cuz Cannondale's race team is sponsored by them.

Also notice the Saint cranks on the white bike. Not his, Aaron Chase rides Profile cranks. The copper bike has an e.thirteen chainguide too, which makes sense, seeing as how Aaron Chase is sponsored by them. He's also sponsored by Mavic, and the copper bike has Mavic rims, where the white one doesn't.

The white bike is a promo bike, the copper bike is actually his.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
dexterq20 said:
That's not his bike. In the 2nd picture you can see the copper colored bike with Maxxis tires on it, that's his. The white bike is probably just a demo that he isn't currently riding. The bike has Hutinson tires cuz Cannondale's race team is sponsored by them.

Also notice the Saint cranks on the white bike. Not his, Aaron Chase rides Profile cranks. The copper bike has an e.thirteen chainguide too, which makes sense, seeing as how Aaron Chase is sponsored by them. He's also sponsored by Mavic, and the copper bike has Mavic rims, where the white one doesn't.

I concur.

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
manhattanprjkt83 said:
uhhh because its his signature bike :confusion:
I think the name and all his input in creating it make it more of his signature bike than some lame graphic of his face. I figure it's a cool enough bike without AC's face on there, but that's just my opinion.

That being said, I've had a little time on a chase 3 and really like they way it rides.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
bradical said:
I think the name and all his input in creating it make it more of his signature bike than some lame graphic of his face. I figure it's a cool enough bike without AC's face on there, but that's just my opinion.

That being said, I've had a little time on a chase 3 and really like they way it rides.
...does the evil DOC have a picture of Donahue on it? :nuts:

A picture of Chase's ugly mug does not a signature bike make.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
dexterq20 said:

I think you are a bit off here, yes the copper colored bike is his bike as well, but seeing as this white frame is a new hardtail "prototype" im sure aaron will be riding it in as an R&D thing. As for the e.13 sponsorship thing, im sure cannondale is doing all they can do to get their name on everything aaron rides, including the chainguide (hence they design a new one). Aaron rode profiles, but if you look closely at the copper bike the rest of the components are indeed Saint, im sure this is another thing they are trying to put him on as well. Now i know this is all e speculation, but i would bet you see aaron riding all shimano/cannondale stuff next year simply because of the size of the two companies, im sure the only thing that was keeping him from doing so in the past was lack of a niche product which both have obviously catered to.

Oh and as for being "sponsored by" mavic, e.13...and so on, it is cannondale that uses those components, gracia isn’t sponsored by e.13 nor is chase...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
bradical said:

Im not a fan either, just saying i can see why...although the new frame is looking sweet, ill stick with my DOC :rolleyes:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
thaflyinfatman said:
What's up with that chainguide? Looks ubertarded to me...

see i think it looks awesome, i would def run that, if it gets a little more perfected (as it is in its crude prototype stage) i think a device like that could give e.13 a run for their money...my only question would be in the even of actually dropping your chain, would you have to remove the crank to put it back on, that would be a pain in the asz :confused: speculate on :monkey:'s

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
manhattanprjkt83 said:
As for the e.13 sponsorship thing, im sure cannondale is doing all they can do to get their name on everything aaron rides, including the chainguide (hence they design a new one).
Perhaps, but e.thirteen is also an OEM supplier for Cannondale, so it makes sense that he would be riding their products.

manhattanprjkt83 said:
Aaron rode profiles, but if you look closely at the copper bike the rest of the components are indeed Saint...
Not everything else, just the brakes. The cranks are still chrome Profiles.

manhattanprjkt83 said:
Now i know this is all e speculation, but i would bet you see aaron riding all shimano/cannondale stuff next year simply because of the size of the two companies...
Not necessarily. Sram sponsors Cannondale's race teams, and this year's Chase models come equipped w/ Sram drivetrains. Also, you don't see Aaron Chase using Cannondale brand handlebars, stems, and pedals, do you? They make a lot of products that he could ride, but he uses other products instead.

manhattanprjkt83 said:
Oh and as for being "sponsored by" mavic, e.13...and so on, it is cannondale that uses those components, gracia isn’t sponsored by e.13 nor is chase...
Ok fair enough, but those companies, as I mentioned before, are OEM suppliers for Cannondale, so it makes sense to see those products on their team riders' bikes.

I still think that white bike is a demo bike with an OEM spec on it. Just as Krispy said, there's no way Aaron Chase, who is a Maxxis poster boy, would be riding Hutchinson tires.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
dexterq20 said:
Not everything else, just the brakes. The cranks are still chrome Profiles.

I still think that white bike is a demo bike with an OEM spec on it. Just as Krispy said, there's no way Aaron Chase, who is a Maxxis poster boy, would be riding Hutchinson tires.
Here is a pic i took of his bike at the bike battle in september, notice it is the copper one, with, saint hubs,derailure,caliper

i am in total agreeance in regards to the tires, that baffles me...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
heikkihall said:
No this is not an e.thirteen product, prototype or production. That is a Cannondale project.
thanks heik!

hey man i talked to you on the phone yesterday, about shipping me out 2 evils to scholls bicycle center, thanks again man for the help.

DS Dom

Monkey
Nov 14, 2001
Denver, Co
I would have to stay that im about 95% positive that the white bike is infact aarons new personal ride. The copper colored one was his bike up until last week and i know he was in the process of building up a new bike at the end of last week. As far as the other parts not totally being the usual spec, i know he was waiting for parts from numerous sponsors. As for the guide, it looks pretty interesting in person and could definatly have a place in the street/skatepark market, but theres no way it could work for Downhill.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Here is a pic i took of his bike at the bike battle in september, notice it is the copper one, with, saint hubs,derailure,caliper
Well sh!t. Looks like you win this round. :(

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
dirtjumpP.1 said:
look at his eyes.... dark red rings. This is simply an observation

BWAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH you sound like my mom lol...

I think he would be much more squinty eyed if he was baked..

reefer :thumb:

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
I can't believe we're all making such a big deal over which products are whose and what he's running. Remember he's a rider just like the rest of us, and despite being sponsored, his bikes probably change from day to day for whatever random reason just like the rest of us, and the world isn't going to end if, GASP! HE'S RUNNING A DIFFERENT BOLT ON HIS SEATPOST FROM ANOTHER COMPANY! SOUND THE ALARM! It's not that big of a deal imo.

That said, that wee white chainguide does look promising.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Superdeft said:
I can't believe we're all making such a big deal over which products are whose and what he's running. Remember he's a rider just like the rest of us, and despite being sponsored, his bikes probably change from day to day for whatever random reason just like the rest of us, and the world isn't going to end if, GASP! HE'S RUNNING A DIFFERENT BOLT ON HIS SEATPOST FROM ANOTHER COMPANY! SOUND THE ALARM! It's not that big of a deal imo.
And the point of that was...?