Quantcast

2006 Devinci Johnson value...

ASiT

Chimp
Apr 22, 2010
How much do you guys think this bike is worth... I'm looking for a second opinion... this guy says he will sell me this bike for 1500. I want to know if this is a good deal, aswell as any opinions you guys may have on the johnson. I will be using it for dh at our local hill.(which isn't too rough...iguess)

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/520952/

HighMinion

Chimp
Dec 4, 2007
Looks to be in good shape. Component spec is pretty solid and the Johnson is a pretty good Ont bike. You can adjust the travel between 7 and 8.5 inches and with the Totem up front it'll be nice and nimble. Price looks great.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
Personally , I think its a bit much for a 4 years old bike that isnt that special to start with .You could probably find 2-3 years old used Demo's for the same money with a real DH build ( DHX Air and Totem arent exactly stellar for DH application )

HighMinion

Chimp
Dec 4, 2007
Nothing special to start with, but a suggestion of a 3 year old Demo. With the exception of a slightly differing wheel path they both use FSR. The new style Demo frames are still over $2000 (if looking locally). Ontario DH (assuming the buyer is from the same province as the seller) is not BC DH by any means........no matter how hard I wish it was........so a "true" DH setup is hardly needed. Solutions for the rest, ask the seller if he has the original coil shock and trade the Totem if you don't like it. Or try them and see if they work for you.

ASiT

Chimp
Apr 22, 2010
ya i probably wont be too hard on it, But there are some demanding trails on our local hill (CampFortune) ... i feel like it should be fine, but really how much do i know about bikes. This is one of the cheaper bikes ive found.. i have looked into buying demo's but theyve all been either way too far away and refuse to ship or well over 2000 dollars and i dont have that money to spend right now.