Quantcast

2006 marzocchi & some stuff

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I read most of that thread. It seems like Bryan and Tom from Marzocchi have enough hate mail to go around...

skajumper

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
Changleen said:

Sweet. These are really pretty. I just hope they don't weigh 90lbs.
hahahaha!
I strongly agree. They look hella tight. Lets hope they are just as solid and a little lighter!

AirAddict

Monkey
Jun 10, 2005
Asheville, NC
dirtjumpP.1 said:
the dj forks arent that heavy... it only feels heavy if your a weak noodle armed kid
haha... funny.

nah man. it's just nice to have stuff that doesn't weigh a ton. Good for you if you can throw around a beast of a hardtail on the jumps with a 7 lb. fork on the front, but just think about how much easier it would be to throw around a much lighter bike. It'd improve spinning, boosting lips, etc.

ever switched from something like a monster T to an 888? that kind of feeling.

AirAddict

Monkey
Jun 10, 2005
Asheville, NC
oh yeah, and i'm probably going to look at getting one of those new dirt jumpers if the weight is back down to around 6 lbs or so. they look sweet... does anyone know what the travel is on them? looks like 100mm to me... possibly 80mm, but i hope not

SD_TMTB

Chimp
Jun 26, 2005
Raleigh, NC
The weight posted on websites is 5 pounds but that is the target weight which doesn’t include steerer, I heard that they were closer to seven pounds.

It is good that Marz is putting the black stanchions on the Dirt Jumpers, small scratches don’t affect the seals with them like that.

p3rider182

Chimp
Nov 15, 2004
the new 888's with the white lowers are not standerd, when you get them over hauled, new crowns, new seals, they also give you new white lowers, whitch is why it now cost 400 bux to get it overhauled :(

p3rider182

Chimp
Nov 15, 2004
AirAddict said:
i really hope that they make a good 100mm or 110mm dirt jump fork that doesn't weigh as much as the rest of my bike. There are few (good) dirt jump choices right now for a short travel dirt jump fork that i would look at... Marz DJ: too heavy. or a sherman jumper: i want 4 inches, not 3.

why can't someone just make a good 4 inch dirt jump fork that is decently light?
umm.... they do, its called 'Look into fox' fox talas, 3-5inches, using 3mm incriments of travel adjsut, you can jump in any setting, and it feels hte same in any setting, uses air to stiffen it right up... 3.5 lbs... PLENTY strong for dirt jumping... can be 3.5, or 5 inches of plush, smooth travel

AirAddict

Monkey
Jun 10, 2005
Asheville, NC
p3rider182 said:
umm.... they do, its called 'Look into fox' fox talas, 3-5inches, using 3mm incriments of travel adjsut, you can jump in any setting, and it feels hte same in any setting, uses air to stiffen it right up... 3.5 lbs... PLENTY strong for dirt jumping... can be 3.5, or 5 inches of plush, smooth travel
i've considered that fork many times, but i just keep coming back to the fact that it doesn't have 20mm axel. Still undecided... but it's one of my options

p3rider182

Chimp
Nov 15, 2004
the fact they donbt have the 20mm axle, is because theyre lowers are the stiffest in the industry, and stronger, theyre actually isnt a need for the 20mm... i know it took me a while to go from my sherman with the 20mm, but, i made the switch, nothing is wrong... INCREDIBLY stiff, strong, and half the weight... i would seriously look into it if i were you. also the fox's have a really low riding hight, becsuse they dont have the reverse arch, which needs ot add another inch of stanction so it doesnt hit the frame, and the amount of stanction inside the crown is miniumal while still holding strength, it is a low ride hight also.