Quantcast

2006 Sunday WC with modification

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
FREERDR4LF mine is an 05 Factory frame kit with with the new 06 lower link and 06 paint job. I don't think the Factory Sunday frame is in shops yet in the US. The Factory Sunday is a frame kit build in the US with lighter tubing so its a pound lighter than the WC, Elite and Team frame. It comes with DT Swiss rear hub, Thomson seatpot, E13 reducer cups and FSA headset.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
CBJ said:
complete build including pedals 41 lbs.
:confused: Hmmmm..... I would have thought it would be lower.

Actually as I look closer, it seems there may some extra weight in the wheels and tires. Are those EX 729's? What size Kenda's and tubes?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rims are the 729, 2.5 Kenda with Stans tubeless - good sturdy setup for the rocky East Coast.

41 lbs is still only 18.6kg - to me that is a light bike but not according to the sub 40 lbs DH bike thread :wonky2:

I could run lighter crankset and bb but after breaking three sets of FSAs I stick with the Profiles. So only thing left would be to put SDG integrated setpost and seat thing on but I can let me Flite and Thompson go.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
CBJ said:
I could run lighter crankset and bb but after breaking three sets of FSAs I stick with the Profiles. So only thing left would be to put SDG integrated setpost and seat thing on but I can let me Flite and Thompson go.

Didn't you get a Ti spindle? What length is it? That should be fairly light. I can't give up my Flite either, I have been using them for almost 15 years.

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
CBJ said:
Yes, its a TI spindle 6" and I have also been on flights since my first mountain bike in 1994.
how much engagament do you have with the crank arm spindle boss? Did you lathe up a longer spindle spacer?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I did not install the crank - I left that up to Gerald. You can give him a call at Racer Edge (718 531 3100) - he will be back Wedensday from vacation.