Quantcast

2007 66 Rc2x

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Well, I got the new 66 instead of the 888 WC. I just couldn't justify 2 times the money for a dual crown and 20mm more travel. Also put on a new EA70 2" rise bar and a Thompson Elite 50mm stem. Bike weighs 42lbs.

So far, the bike feels great. I really can't tell the rear has 9" vs. the front having only 7". It feels pretty close. I might set the rear at 8" down the road. I haven't been able to really ride it yet as Im missing the adaptor for the front brake. :( I did get a little riding around the house but no serious DH/FR.

Attachments

Reptile

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Colorado
Very sweet ride. Where did you pick up your '07 66? I haven't found any online dealers that have them in stock yet.

Reptile

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Colorado
Go-Ride is a real shop - and is owned/staffed by riders whose skills on a bike and with a wrench I respect - more than I can say for a lot of "local" bike shops I've had the (dis)pleasure of dealing with. I make no apologies for giving them my business.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I dont think he ment anything by it. I think he ment GR is a real bike shop.

Go-Ride is my LBS. I order everything through them.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
looks nice. flies have always been my dream big bike.
are the bushings on 07 zokies still as tight as the 06?
oh and do those bar ends use grub screws? if so, don't use them with those eastons, the alu is so thin it will put a flat spot in them and crack them. ask castle, he just killed the ea70 on both of his bikes like that.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
looks nice. flies have always been my dream big bike.
are the bushings on 07 zokies still as tight as the 06?
oh and do those bar ends use grub screws? if so, don't use them with those eastons, the alu is so thin it will put a flat spot in them and crack them. ask castle, he just killed the ea70 on both of his bikes like that.
Yes, the bushings are tight. It is super sticky. All new Zokes are a little sticky. The bar ends are Envy, no problems in a few years on Eastons.

Hey Kanter sweet set up,can you please measure you BB height for me?

The BB is 14 3/4" which is perfect for me and this is in the 9" mode. I have the Avy sag about 30% and it feels pretty good so far.

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
Nice setup Kanter. I'm thinking about a 66 for my AS-X, but would like to be able to climb/trail ride a bit. What's your HA like with the 66? I'll probably hold out for either the ETA or SL ATA to help with the uphill, but maybe I can 'get by' with the RC2X...

Jun 18, 2004
your set up reminds me of my vpx when I had a 170mm 66 and dual rings up front... it weighted in at 42lbs also...
but now I have a bike w/either a 170 or adjustable 160/130/100 up front and 171mm in back... it weighs 36 w/the talas and 37.5 w/the 66...
I miss the single crown 170 on my Uzzi... (I put on a fox40)...
did you ever find a 36t compact e13? weren't you looking for one of those?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ya I found a 36T 5 bolt compact from Envy chainrings. Best chainrings out there.

The HA is spot on. I love it. The ETA would be nice but then the fork weighs 1/2 lb more. I just thought since I was use to climbing with a 8" 888 the 66 would be alright. Get the RC2X.