Quantcast

2007 888SL vrs. 2007 888RC2X?

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
Say you already have a a 07 888 RC2X in good shape, running smooth and your very happy with the job it's doing but a good friend of yours is selling a 07 888SL ATA thats in slightly better shape and you can pick up said fork for a pretty good price. Should you?

Other then being lighter and it's visually in better shape would it ride any better? The ATA in question has had the PAR removed and has been VERY well taken care of.

Some feedback from folks with time on both forks would be big help. Thanks!

Last edited:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Can't say I'd recommend the ATA over the coil over that same year. If you're riding steep stuff or weight over 160 I'd really suggest one heavy spring for the RC2X though. Once the springrate is right on those things with a finely adjusted oil height, they can ride REAL nice and never ever give you any crap.

The ATA's can be set up to ride very very well though. You will have to do a lot more routine maintenance, especially compared to the RC2X.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
The 888sl has the carbon "888's" on the lowers and therefore is superior!!!!!

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
carbon is better then chrome this is true. And yes I suspect I suspect I could sell my coil fork for near the price of the ATA.

Any other advice?

Last edited:

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
nope it wont seeing as their both 2007 forks.

I think I'll snag the fork. Worst case I don't like, swap the lowers (I like the white better) it then sell it.