Quantcast

2007 boxxer team problem

yegs

Chimp
Jul 22, 2008
hey there!
this is my first post on this website
i have a 2007 boxxer team, that doesnt seem to be working right,the compression knob feels incredibly stiff and only does 3 clicks as opposed to the 6 it ought to do,as well it seems to have no effect on the fork whatsoever,also when i compress the fork i can hear the sound of air escaping from the compression knob area, can anyone tell me whats wrong? also,i recently had the oil changed, about a month and a half ago.
i appreciate your help,thanks

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
If you hear air leaking out, you've probably got a blow or mis-seated o-ring below your gate valve. Do a search on here as some other posts (with pictures) have been made outlining a fix to this problem. As for the compression knob having no effect, try removing your MoCo damper and check and see if when the blue knob is fully open (i.e. all the way counter-clockwise) if there is a hole visible on the bottom blue piece of the damper just below the cut-away on the gold part. If the hole isn't visible or doesn't extend the whole length of the cut-away, then somehow your damper got messed with. It can probably be fixed, but you may want to either post some pictures or have your LBS look at it (assuming they have someone there who's familiar with MoCo dampers).