Quantcast

2007 Boxxer team

bigshred

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Bellingham
So I just got this fork and two rides into it she starts leaking oil. The oil is comming from the seal between the low speed compression and the top cap (24mm head). I have a feeling that the oil in the top right leg may be more than required. One, its leaking and Two, The last 1.5-2" travel are not being used.

My questions are-
I cant find a service guide for the 07 team, is it the same as the 06?

Where can I find exploded diagrams of the fork, the motion control/top cap area to be specific?

Thats it for now, thanks

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
I have the 05 Boxxer manual on PDF. It shows a motion control assy for the worldcup model. I'd assume that since the 07 and 05 have the MC option and solo air, that the 06 should be the same. PM me if you want me to email the file to you.

bigshred

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Bellingham
So I tore appart the MC and found a defective seal. Now I just need to find a new one. Its the conical shaped one at the top of the motion control, it was assemble poorly and a portion of the lip on the seal was folded upward. The seal now has a tear in it. I know this is a warranty issue, but I dont have the time, nor do I want to pull my fork and take it to a shop so that they can send it away only to have it returned in x months. I'd rather spend the $ on a seal and fix it fast and do it myself.

Any idea where "I" can find a part number for the seal?
muchos grabass

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
I hate to say it, but you might have to contact SRAM for this one. Since it's an 07, they may just mail it out to you.

I got overzealous with the u-turn knob on my 05 Boxxer Ride (snapped clean off). Contacted SRAM through their website and they hooked me up with a new knob and hardware to install.... Stickers Too!

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
So I tore appart the MC and found a defective seal. Now I just need to find a new one. Its the conical shaped one at the top of the motion control, it was assemble poorly and a portion of the lip on the seal was folded upward.
Fairly common occurance, I usually check the seal before using any new boxxer to straighten it up if it is out of shape.

I'd suggest removing the seal and taking it to a good seal shop, they should be able to match it for you easily. Should cost $5 or less.

Sram won't sell the part seperately as far as I know.

bigshred

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Bellingham
Figured it out after the second Motion control cartridge blew in the same exact spot. The oil level in that MC chamber is 2" higher than it should be. I kinda took it for granted that the oil heights would be to "spec" on a new fork, guess not... It's fixed now.