Quantcast

2007 commencal's

ilfreerider

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
israel
the pics in the link are huge ,so 56k users beware!

couple of changes :

new top tube (sleeker looking imo and maybe lighter?) on the dh and supreme frames.

adjustable wheel base (that's what it looks like to me) on the dh frames ,a nice feature imo.

new colors (i love the all white basic supreme dh :love: ).

link : http://20six.co.uk/twentysix-inch/art/556945

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
that supreme mini Dh bike above is very cool looking, and its where the DH market is heading to, won't be surprised if that thing is there most popular sell

ilfreerider

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
israel
the mini dh is basiclly the supreme 6, just in a frame only option.
after i tested the 6.2 i can honestly say that it can be used as a dh bike in most conditions and terrain i can think of .
the way that commencal's susp works is truly amazing (and it had "only" 6 in of travel with a rp3 air shock!).

J

J5ive

I wonder if they ended up going the 150mm rear end on the DH. Hope so.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
thanks for the resize Downhiller. the new zoke's look freakin hot. as do those frames.
love that 4x bike

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
wow, sick.... what happend to those romours of 07 bikes being compatible with e13s? the main pivot doesn't seem to have any changes. but sitll soooooo hawt...

J

J5ive

Looks like adjustable dropouts of some type. There was a proto bike around with a 150mm hub at one stage. This would fix the e13 issue for good.

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
i was fortunate enough to get the invite to the 2007 Commencal preview in Les Deux Alpes France, the line up is truly amazing and targets markets (like the mini DH) that have yet to be discovered here in North America, even their entry level hardtails at spec for spec with the Kona's, at the same price but with (IMO) much superior frames IE: adjustable read dropouts from horizontal/vertical, adjustable disc brake tabs, top tube chain stay welds etc!
the DH bike is super light with the new ROCO and World CUp 888 (6.5lbs)

gonna be a great year

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
J5ive said:
Looks like adjustable dropouts of some type. There was a proto bike around with a 150mm hub at one stage. This would fix the e13 issue for good.
the DH is a 150mm hub with proprietary dropouts that can adjust wheel base, E13 should be a go

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
i have a few question's about the team replica frameset.
1. how much dose the frame weigh with shock.

2. will the team replica frameset come with a roco? or fox dhx like last year.

3. will it be the same frame, guide, real hub package type thing or will they have a stripped down just frame and shock since there arn't anymore chainguide issues.

4. how much is it in canadian dollars and is there still a frame only no shock option.

thanks alot to anyone who can awnser these q's

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
the weight of this years frame is 3.8 kgs with out the shox. so thats about 5kgs with a dhx+steel spring. which is around 11 lbs.

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
julian_dh said:
i have a few question's about the team replica frameset.
1. how much dose the frame weigh with shock.

2. will the team replica frameset come with a roco? or fox dhx like last year.

3. will it be the same frame, guide, real hub package type thing or will they have a stripped down just frame and shock since there arn't anymore chainguide issues.

4. how much is it in canadian dollars and is there still a frame only no shock option.

thanks alot to anyone who can awnser these q's

1. 10.8lbs with DHX shock
2. team replica will come with roco
3. guide/hub/frame package
4. frame with shock only, retail is around $3200cdn (that is with rear hub and guide)

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
sirbikealot, thankyou for the info, so theres no way to get just the frame and shock or just frame?
because the roco would not be my first choice, i have a good wheelset that fits, and there is no way i would want one of those crazy guides on there (no offence)

Fshflys

Monkey
Jun 29, 2005
Fonzie18 said:
I like what I see.
The '07 bikes definately look more refined and thought out. Graphics, frame changes and parts spec...

:think:
Yeah, and they even have your UPS Brown color. I think I can hear the gears turning in the Bike Whore's head.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
mastercycleman said:
what is the deal with the bolts on the head tube, is that so its easyier to put a headset in or something
Adjustable head angle. There are +1, -1, and 0 degree shims that you can put in there to change the angle. Plus if anything ovalizes it'll be the cup (a cheap replacement) and not the frame. Pretty nifty.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I fail to see the big deal about these bikes. Guess I must ride one in order to truly understand why Commencal has everyone swinging from their nuts.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
bikenweed said:
I fail to see the big deal about these bikes. Guess I must ride one in order to truly understand why Commencal has everyone swinging from their nuts.
They feel really nice to me. I liked the one I rode alot, it's a well thought out design that's simple and it just works.