Quantcast

2007 IH Sundays?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Jeremy R said:
I would like to take it to a movie and then out for ice cream or coffee.
in preparation for it's introduction to the carolina tan snake i'm sure.:)

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
cbj i do understand that you have to use what is best for you i just kinda wanted a starting point or a better explanation on how to get rid of the deadness feeling that bicyclists obviously feels in the frames. i dont want number of clicks on the preload or how much psi is in the shock i was just wondering weather you wanted to lower compression or increase rebound. i mean just generic things such as that.

ohh jeremy can you take it out to dinner too its got to get all its vitamins for the race season.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
dropmachine.com said:
For reasons I will never understand, SportChek is still the exclusive distributor and retailer for Iron Horse bikes in Canada.
While Sport Chek is indeed a source for Iron Horse bikes in Canada they are now no longer the sole source. Dealers can now order from Iron Horse for the mid-high end models (importation of certain entry models into Canada due to point of origin is not allowed by customs).

-ska todd

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Now that was a well kept secret...you should make sure the word is spread out a little more!

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
ska todd said:
(importation of certain entry models into Canada due to point of origin is not allowed by customs).

-ska todd
that's because Les Monties doesn't want other people riding nicer horses than they are eh!

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
FlipSide said:
Now that was a well kept secret...you should make sure the word is spread out a little more!
This arrangement has just come about within the past couple weeks.

-ska todd

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
frznnomad said:
cbj i do understand that you have to use what is best for you i just kinda wanted a starting point or a better explanation on how to get rid of the deadness feeling that bicyclists obviously feels in the frames. i dont want number of clicks on the preload or how much psi is in the shock i was just wondering weather you wanted to lower compression or increase rebound. i mean just generic things such as that.

ohh jeremy can you take it out to dinner too its got to get all its vitamins for the race season.
Dead feel I have no idea what Bicyclist takes about.

Shock if DHX: NO propedal, a little boost valve and a couple of clicks rebound.

5th: 50 psi air, 2-3 turns air champer, compression full open, rebound 1-2 clicks.

nugget

Monkey
Jul 4, 2006
somewhere near a town
CBJ said:
Dead feel I have no idea what Bicyclist takes about.

Shock if DHX: NO propedal, a little boost valve and a couple of clicks rebound.

5th: 50 psi air, 2-3 turns air champer, compression full open, rebound 1-2 clicks.
How much air do you run for the DHX?
:help:

& Maybe DW can enlighten us on the top secret set up for sunday's with DHX.. ehehe

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
Starting point for dhx acc'd to SkaTodd:
psi: 125
bottom out: 1/2 way
propedal: 0-2 clicks, dpending on course
rebound: to feel

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Here's how I run my Sunday with the DHX:

psi: 110
bottom out: All the way in to 1/2 turn out
propedal: 0-3 clicks depending on conditions, usually 2-3
rebound: not sure, tuned to feel
spring: 300
rider weight: 165 lbs

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Bicyclist said:
How do you expect a bike that DOESN'T move as much with low frequency up-and-down movement (pedalling) to be as active as one that moves more?

Oh, haha, that's what I thought. Next time before you pick a fight know what you're talking about. :clue:

Just picked up on this. Havent been paying so much attention to the interweb lately. You should read more into what dw-link does from a physics standpoint. Then you will understand why dw-link doesn't have a squat response to acceleration forces ("low frequency up and down movement"), and how that allows for improved suspension reaction to bumps (being more "active"). This is the basis of everything that dw-link does and why it is such a paradigm shift compared to previous suspensions.

I think you shot yourself in the foot with that last statement, that really wasn't necessary was it?

Dave

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
so I understand the shock hardware problem is fixed for 06 and 07 and I was able to talk to a guy from fluidride who explained it was the first few batches of sundays that were shipped with the wrong hardware but it is fixed now. does anyone have any info on what kinda of components the new 07 sunday team will have? mainly brakes, shifting and shock?

thanks
-harry

wil_e123

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
London, England
i believe that all sundays next year, including the team, will be mounted with a dhx shock...i'm not sure about that so if someone could confirm it...

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
hahaha... OWNED

dw said:
Just picked up on this. Havent been paying so much attention to the interweb lately. You should read more into what dw-link does from a physics standpoint. Then you will understand why dw-link doesn't have a squat response to acceleration forces ("low frequency up and down movement"), and how that allows for improved suspension reaction to bumps (being more "active"). This is the basis of everything that dw-link does and why it is such a paradigm shift compared to previous suspensions.

I think you shot yourself in the foot with that last statement, that really wasn't necessary was it?

Dave

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
sayndesyn said:
hahaha... OWNED
exactly what I was going to say

so with the d-w link and all I know it makes for a great dh bike, but why not so great for Freeride? similar to the 7point series, with 1in more travel, if u just set it stiffer how well do u think it would do? thanks

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
geometry on a 7 point is not as slack. ~68' ha , 70'sa, inch higher bb and different wb/cs lengths( cant remember those) vs. a sunday which is ~65' ha and ~68'sa. those angles are from memory, so they propably are not exact but, you get the general idea. the slack geometry of a sunday lends it self to higher speed and racing, rather than slower speeds of stunts and skinnies.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
dw said:

Dave
Touche. I did a bit more reading and it makes sense, I guess the setup made the bike feel bad.