Quantcast

2007 Iron Horse

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
With the 39 lbs weight of the WC I wonder if that is without pedals and XC tubes. Bunch of nice looking bikes and nice specs by Todd as always.
Pretty sure that is with pedals, and Maxxis DH tubes.

Dave

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
DW - I'm aware that the new F7 7050 links you designed for the 2007 Sundays will be available for retro-fit for pre 07' Sundays, but I was wondering if this kit includes the lower linkage (DW-Link) as well.

Did you make any design changes to the lower link at all, and if so - what were they?

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
DW - I'm aware that the new F7 7050 links you designed for the 2007 Sundays will be available for retro-fit for pre 07' Sundays, but I was wondering if this kit includes the lower linkage (DW-Link) as well.

Did you make any design changes to the lower link at all, and if so - what were they?
The F7 links are made from 7075 T6, include upper and lower links, lower screw-in pivot hardware, new MAX-E extended inner race bearings that IH developed with Enduro (no more bearing spacers on the bike), and 10-MIL 10mm shock hardware. They retrofit to all year Sundays, and I am pretty sure that IH will have an upgrade kit for sale, but you need to check with Tom B at IH on that, I am not really sure.

Dave

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
The F7 links are made from 7075 T6, include upper and lower links, lower screw-in pivot hardware, new MAX-E extended inner race bearings that IH developed with Enduro (no more bearing spacers on the bike), and 10-MIL 10mm shock hardware. They retrofit to all year Sundays, and I am pretty sure that IH will have an upgrade kit for sale, but you need to check with Tom B at IH on that, I am not really sure.

Dave

great stuff as always dave, i had long thought about how much grief was inflicted upon the biker population just because finicky parts that were made to protect the moving part of cartridge bearings, hope that those bearings proliferate!

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
What is the difference between a 6 point and a 7 point ?

Geometry ? Or 1" diffrence travel only ? I'd like to see the spec sheet on geometry and weights to compare them.

Does it utilize 150 spacing ?

Very cool graphics on these aggressive bikes. Unique.

I just got on a new bike actually. But, a 6point looks like something I would consider swapping to when the time comes. I was really immpressed by my 7 point test ride. But, it seemed like too much bike and a little experimental w/ linkage issues... lurking around bulletin boards... Will 6 points be offered in a frame only version ?

What do they offer for warranty in 07 ? I like the word "lifetime" (to original owner w/ registration...). Seems kind of important w/ these intricate frame designs that there is some piece of mind to the purchaser.

Attachments

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
the type 6 was designed to handle just like the sunday. dw said the bb was a bit lower, and some other small changes to the geo. cant really remeber. the idea was so that sam could jump on the type 6 from a sunday with minimal change.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
What is the difference between a 6 point and a 7 point ?

Geometry ? Or 1" diffrence travel only ? I'd like to see the spec sheet on geometry and weights to compare them.
See pinkbike.com for specs & geom preview.

Does it utilize 150 spacing ?
Yes, w/ an 83mm BB.

Very cool graphics on these aggressive bikes. Unique.
Thanks. Not cookie cutter by any means.

I just got on a new bike actually. But, a 6point looks like something I would consider swapping to when the time comes. I was really immpressed by my 7 point test ride. But, it seemed like too much bike and a little experimental w/ linkage issues... lurking around bulletin boards... Will 6 points be offered in a frame only version ?
Any linkage issues were in reference to 1st production 05's and have been fully rectified.

What do they offer for warranty in 07 ? I like the word "lifetime" (to original owner w/ registration...). Seems kind of important w/ these intricate frame designs that there is some piece of mind to the purchaser.
5yr on frame. (edit: 5yrs XC/trail/all mtn; 1yr DH/freeride.) Lifetime warrantys are bogus and just add to the JRA/never do maintenance mentality. Additionally, to me offering a longer warranty on a frame than the product can realistically used for is somewhat deceiving. A bicycle frame has a finite lifespan (with typical use) and the end user needs to know this. It's not a no-warranty FRO but it's also realistic to real world riding.

-ska todd

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
I was really excited by the 7point7 test ride I took last winter.

But, it was the perception of maintenance and reliability issues (5th element issues...) that collectively steered me to buy something other than the IH DW-link this season.

I'll check them out for 07 possibly. Because that was a He!l of a test ride.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
if people actually used "warranty" the way its written, ie defects in manufacturing will be repaired/correct/replaced, the length of warranties could extend immensely, or even indefinitely. unfortunately, people seem to think that warranty = "ooops, I hucked my XC bike off that 4' drop to flat and it broke, so I'll just call up the manufacturer and get it warrantied." hell, we've gotten calls for warranties on TUBES b/c the customer got a flat 2 months after purchasing the bike... :bonk:

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
dante said:
hell, we've gotten calls for warranties on TUBES b/c the customer got a flat 2 months after purchasing the bike... :bonk:
and worn chains/cassettes, worn out spd cleats, stolen seats/posts/wheels, der hangers...

-ska todd

trust4130

Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
Pennsylvania
and worn chains/cassettes, worn out spd cleats, stolen seats/posts/wheels, der hangers...

-ska todd
There should be an asshole tax for that kind of thing.

"Sure, we'll warrantee that for you. You just have to pay the tax. That'll be $500 for that 'defective', worn-out chain..."

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
Ha, never heard some of those. Comes w/ the territory I guess.

I think the same people come into my work after they leave you guys. Too funny.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
wow, imagine you has a type 6 and a sunday, you could share wheels and cranks... sweet.
a few people on my team for next year were contemplating doing this. I was too...until i remembered I can't let my bike get clapped this year so all that extra money is staying untili break something else. :brows: