Quantcast

2007 Super T's - any good?

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
Hello all,

I've been looking into getting some new forks on behalf of the lady. So far the list is short and consists of 2006 Boxxer Ride U-Turns and possibly this years Marzocchi Super T's.

I know plenty about the Boxxers (all seems good) but the new Supers are a bit of an unknown.

They would be going on the front of a 6inch travel Patriot (hence not wanting anything longer) but I would be a bit worried that the Supers would be a bit longer the Boxxer.

Also is the damping any good? With the departure of Juniors I was wondering if these things have taken over from them in the "look good, crap performance" section?

Anyway, any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
The new Super T dampers are "RCV", which I believe is rebadged SSVF, which is worse than 2 week old haggis.

I'm a full on 'zocchi guy and I'd go with the Boxxers in between the two.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Haggis is much better as a coil spring replacement, especcially 2 week old haggis, as the gasses released make a good bottom out bumper.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
The older super-t's are much better. The '03s had dual hscv and the '04 has hscv in one leg and ssvf in the other (and is slightly lighter). I have an '04.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Yeah. The '03 and '04 are the ones I know the most about. The old machined ones are cool.
I rode a new one at Diablo on a rental 7point. It was awesome. :thumb: :rolleyes:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ive got an almost new 03 Super T for sale. Its been ridden about 5-10 times by my 135lb wife. I dont think it even has a scratch.

beamer

Chimp
Sep 13, 2005
Springville, Utah
I ride a Boxxer Ride and my buddy has the 06 or 07 Super T. I like the Boxxer, however I bottom out every once and a while (175 lbs & normal spring), and it takes a bit more to maintain. I hate the Super T, my buddy has tried to dial the fork in and just can't seem to get it right & he deals with tons of stiction (sp?). We both ride DH which IMO a Boxxer is better. Freeride is a different story.