Quantcast

2007 XT & XTR shifters

jungle

Monkey
Jan 11, 2006
Anyone using the 2007 XT & XTR shifters with the dual thumb shifting

What are they like and how do they compare to the SRAM thumb shifters for feel and shifting ?

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Anyone using the 2007 XT & XTR shifters with the dual thumb shifting

What are they like and how do they compare to the SRAM thumb shifters for feel and shifting ?
I didn't think xt had that feature??

I have the xtr shifter and its awsome. Index finger tigger can push or pull 2 gears at a time using your thumb liek sram or index finger like normal. Quality of shifting i better then the older xtr shifter imo and it was bloody good to start with. Have not had enough time on sram to make a comparison.

stevop007

Chimp
Oct 2, 2006
San Juan Capo X3
we have all XT, LX, and XTR at our shop - the Double down shift on the XTR gets in the way when you try to up shift hard, some thing to get use to from shimano

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
the release shift lever isn't nearly as ergonomic on the shimanos if you only use your thumbs, and on the XTR, it felt a little stiff, maybe due the the X2 downshift thingy. The pull shifter felt like a dream, and it's handy to be able to downshift either way depending on position.
but I'm a little biased though, can't beat an X.O. in my book.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
the release shift lever isn't nearly as ergonomic on the shimanos if you only use your thumbs, and on the XTR, it felt a little stiff, maybe due the the X2 downshift thingy. The pull shifter felt like a dream, and it's handy to be able to downshift either way depending on position.
but I'm a little biased though, can't beat an X.O. in my book.
strangely exactly how i feel

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i personally like the old shimano shifting style better there was just about no way to hit a gear it you didn't want to. though i have not ridden the new stuff much it just seems like it could be shifted if out you meaning to.

personally i think its good that shimano is trying to change it up a bit. though they still have some catching up to do. its even more important for the to get back on their game now than ever before seen that the '07 X9's that XO internals now and get that crisp clean shift

jungle

Monkey
Jan 11, 2006
with the new 2007 shimano shifters is there a chance of
changing the gears by mistake seeing they have the option of thumb or finger shifting and especially the with the 2x down shifting of the XTR
shifter ?

Are they more complex to work than the normal thumb and finger shifters like the Saint shifter

i looking at either getting a Saint , 2007 XT or 2007 XTR shifter
and want to keep it simple to use

cheers