Quantcast

2008 azonic steelhead builds?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Good luck finding one, though. I'm kinda bummed that they don't make any other "aggressive use" hardtails besides the Steelhead now...especially since I have rider support with em! D'Oh!

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
I just picked one up...not built yet but i am making it my own...

oh and yes it is just shy of 7lbs on the bathroom scale (old school balance). when i take it to the shop i'll get a true wt for you guys

ps-sorry about the rotate...i guess photobucket doesn't like corrected orientations...

Last edited:

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
all the rest of my parts are black so should look pretty nice
i've been toying with the idea of painting the lowers on my fork to match but...i can always do it at a later time.

so far the build is
'03 DJ1 lowered to 90mm (with 04 uppers so its all black)
single track front dunno hub, rhyno rear on shimano deore hub with single speed kit (looking into the nashbar SS hub)
cranks are either FSA Gap or hussefelts. probably the Gaps though
eastern BMX stem and Gusset bars,
i need a brake still...i am using my friends old mechanical but its a formula Aquila (read sucks...)
anyone selling a nice Avid for cheap??

I'm hoping the whole thing will be about 30-32lbs but we'll see how it goes

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
ok so i finally got around to pressing the headset and getting the bb chased(needed it bad!) and i weighed it at the shop as well after the HS cups were in, but without the V-brake posts ....(drum roll)....6.96 lbs!! ouch!! for comparison the STP(cracked) was 4.36 lbs without the der. hanger...so say 4.5 lbs...

and with the weekend coming i should actually get to build it up so more pics coming up! yay

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
Finally built

it still needs a few things...such as another bb spacer...hence the boomerang, it will be gone soon. Tires...the front is an intense =3-4lbs...pedals are 800g and getting replaced as well

wt as it sits is 34.5 lbs

after the changes shoulb be 31 or so easy