Quantcast

2008 Boxxer WC "click"

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I just rebuilt a 2008 Boxxer world cup, and it has a strange click at the very top of the travel that I can't seem to get to go away. It's really weird, it is really only in the top 1/2 cm to 1 cm of travel and does nothing besides make some noise and make me mad. I was just seeing if anyone have seen this before, it's just weird over small fast bumps.

Also, if anyone has a flat or low-drop crown that would either like to trade for a brand new high crown or let me buy from them, it would be awesome. Let me know, thanks.

Dave

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Im having the same issues with mine. Im rebuilding it this weekend so hopefully is something to do with the lube or oil. Ill get back to you if I figure it out.

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
Take a look at the air piston one end is crimped and there are indents in it. If it has only 4 indents, it may be the source of your noise. My new air piston has 6 indents and doens't make any noise. The new pistons have more indents and a firmer crimp.

you may be able to just tighten the crimps with a punch to get the noise to go away.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
Is it just a click or a topout with no rebound at the top of the stroke? I had a fork with too much oil in the air spring (much more then 3ml) and it seemed to caused this issue.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I called Sram today with the 2 problems (the other was that the bolts never really tightened up, they would spin a bit rather than really lock down. After talking to 2 different guys who were really really helpful, they decided to send me a new air assembly. They thought the click had something to do with the spinning lower bolt, they should not have come unbonded.

Also, you were right rollertoaster, my cartridge has only 4 indents, the guy I talked to said the new one has more. I should have the new assembly next week some time, as will my new Elka shock, so sick!

rhys.l

Chimp
Dec 13, 2008
Mine do the same intermittantly, although especially after I rebuild. I was told it was nothing to worry about. It was just the little silver plate at the bottom of the moco moving against the blue bit due to the movement of oil (or something along those lines).

Last edited: