Quantcast

2008 carters race #1

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
dern....too bad i missed it but i'll be there for the late season races for sure.

quick question... i noticed a lot of riders wearing full body armor. is the course that gnar or is it the gaps that people are armoring up for?

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
I throw the armor on just for the race runs. The course isn't major gnar BUT at some points you're hauling serious azz through some very tight spots between trees, so margin of error's real low.

Tweety

Chimp
May 30, 2007
I throw the armor on just for the race runs. The course isn't major gnar BUT at some points you're hauling serious azz through some very tight spots between trees, so margin of error's real low.
That and I'm old and chicken****.....

Flowtec

Chimp
Jun 25, 2007
gnarnia
yeah, the body armor was brutal yesterday. with all the sweat, the foam must have weighed 10 lbs!

Tweety gets the good samaritan award for just about taking the dang engine block out of Rusty's Volkswagon in the parking lot in order to access and replace the alternator belt. what a guy. must have been over there wrenching for hours. AND, he got Third place Intermediate. a man of many skills. :clapping:

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
Have to say. Man I can't wait to get back up there and do some more trail work to get the expert trail open.

We did around 4 runs after the race and man it was great to ride after all day of sweating and standing and talking.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Looks like you guys had a fun time!!! Wish I was ready to get back on the bike and I would have come up. By the way is it me or does every shot make the guys with Moto helmets on look like Bobblehead dolls?

Last edited:

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Yo momma's a bobblehead.

It's probably b/c normally everybody's wearing armor but look disproportioned in just t-shirts.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Wanted to say thanks for everyone that came out. Thanks to all the volunteers too, you guys helped a lot.
No, Thank You and your awesome hair.
Seriously, I appreciate you guys putting these things on,
and I love racing that damn course.
Thanks to all involved.
Except for the Sun.
No thanks to you, you bright shining son of a motherless goat.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Fun race- thanks Brady and friends for the effort! It was hot but, still fun. Thanks Cory for the photos
boy, I took some retarded poses though-Dun-dur-dork, glad I went fast to save a little face.
Damn young kids trying to take the torch too early though!!! ahahha some close competition!

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I was up at Wolf Laurel digging with Ryan and kept thinking to myself as sweat poured off me like rain...how impossibly hot it must have been down there...but how much fun it would probably be.

And to see Wyatt trying to steal Karl's Trans Am driver look in his first race back...classic:

TURBOLVR

Chimp
Feb 9, 2006
I was up at Wolf Laurel digging with Ryan and kept thinking to myself as sweat poured off me like rain...how impossibly hot it must have been down there...but how much fun it would probably be.

And to see Wyatt trying to steal Karl's Trans Am driver look in his first race back...classic:
Wyatt??? Wyatt ain't got nuthin' on this! Actually maybe he does??
I think I saw him on that sitcom- To Catch a Predator- gosh that is a funny
tv show!

Attachments

parsons

Chimp
Jun 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
Hey, I just joined Ride Monkey, Cool Site, I had an awesome time at Carters Lake. Great Trail Great People. Pix kick ass Cory. I've lived in Aville for six months, helping imba on greenslick, bentcreek,I think they added a hip jump on national trail day, if your in aville give me a buz, we can burn some trail.
Austin Parsons, white morewood, 828 318 6630

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Hey, I just joined Ride Monkey, Cool Site, I had an awesome time at Carters Lake. Great Trail Great People. Pix kick ass Cory. I've lived in Aville for six months, helping imba on greenslick, bentcreek,I think they added a hip jump on national trail day, if your in aville give me a buz, we can burn some trail.
Austin Parsons, white morewood, 828 318 6630
I'm Butch Greene. I do Asheville. And I have an addiction.....Pisgah.

Boy, am I glad I got that off my chest. Welcome to the group Austin Parsons. Please mark the roll sheet on your way out.

But seriously, 828-713-2459 is my cell. I'm riding today at 5:30...sweatin' to the oldies. Maybe Kitsuma if you've never ridden it?:biggrin: