Quantcast

2008 Code Pad Retention Bolt

norulez

Chimp
Jun 30, 2008
I was putting the pads back in on my 2008 codes last week and when I was tightening the retention bolt the allen wrench spun in the head of the bolt. I have tried pliers and a grabbit, but can't get it out. My last idea is to open up the caliper and get it out with some vice grips. Anyone have any experience with getting this bolt out without opening up the caliper?

Thanks...

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
The same thing happened to me! ... Except I was just trying to take the pads out. Those bolts are of TERRIBLE quality. To get it out I used my dremel to cut a notch in the top of the bolt then used a flathead screwdriver to get it out.

I used a thin bit in the dremel that is shaped like a steep cone with a rough surface too... you can't use one of the cutting disks since the bolt is in that nook.

To add to this topic, where would be the best place to buy new bolts for this?

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
I haven't had a problem yet, but I have seen a few people with one of the smaller zip ties instead of the bolt. I don't know if they lost it, or did it on purpose.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
i did the same with the dremel... but am i tho only one that finds it to be a pint to change the pads????