Quantcast

2008 Demo 7 II + telescoping seatpost for trail riding?

Bullit21

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Socal
Guys,

I am taking a look at the 2008 Demo 7 II, which is the high end build and comes out to 40lbs on the shop scale. I know this is not a trail bike but I trail ride with my Bottlerocket every week and it is sitting at 38lbs. Is this bike going to feel much worse for trailriding than the Rocket because of the slacker geometry? Has anyone used a telescoping seatpost on this bike and if so what brand? I don't want to spend more cash on a $200+ high end seat post either. Thanks.:banana:

dest

Monkey
Aug 1, 2006
NYCity
i have a mongoose black diamond triple set up with a totem it weighs about 38lbs +/-and i have a crank brothers joplin on it. best bike part i ever bought i have been debating on buying one for my other bikes... makes climbing easier and then push the lever and decending feels much better..
now there are companys offering 5 inch travel which would be much better but the three is good also...

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Personally, I'd look more closely at the SXT over the Demo. It is lighter, has almost the same travel (6.5" vs.7") and is more versatile. In the crew I ride with there is a guy with a Demo 7 and one on an SXT. Both agree that the SXT is probably the better all-around bike.

Yes, you can run a 'scoper with the Demo if you want, but it won't change the geometry to anything more trail friendly.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
It will work, i have an 8 that works ok on trail rides. I think the sx trails are going to be better for what you're talking about though.

RTG

Chimp
Apr 23, 2008
On ze peddles
Will have to agree on the above... Demo riding with dual chainring setup is very doable but you should definately also look into a SX Trail.