Quantcast

2008 DHX Coil

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
Any reason why I would want a 2008 over a 2007? Fox claims new dampening curves. 2007 are a lot cheaper.

Anyone have time on both? Could you feel an improvement?

thanks.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Any reason why I would want a 2008 over a 2007? Fox claims new dampening curves. 2007 are a lot cheaper.

Anyone have time on both? Could you feel an improvement?

thanks.
Indeed these claims are 100% true. Fox has done a bit of an overhaul on the DHX for 08'. The major difference between the 07' and the 08' is that the 08' will have a broader tuning range (Pro-Pedal, Rebound, etc...) when it comes to setting up the shock on your bike.

Unfortunately I haven't had any saddle time on an 08' DHX but hopefully the other info is helpful.

:)

stteamrider

Chimp
Dec 11, 2006
My 1st post here so don't be harsh on my ignorance :-)..
Is there any difference on appearance between 08 and 07 DHX 5 Coil? And how about the ride feel?

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
its got new stickers. haha

internally its got a totally new boost valve design. i also think they have a heavier main compression shim stack. but dont quote me on the shim stack.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
its got new stickers. haha

internally its got a totally new boost valve design. i also think they have a heavier main compression shim stack. but dont quote me on the shim stack.
will that help to add some through stroke damping so it doesn't blow through the travel just from moving around a little bit on the bike?

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
sorry man, i haven't ridden one so i cant comment on it. it has like skc has said have a broader tuning range.

i was shown the graphs for the boost valve tuning range and its lower limit is lower and its higher limit higher then the old boost valve in terms of propedal. at the minimum setting the boost valve give nearly no damping initially.

its like the 08 40 where they are just ironing out the minor details and making small improvements here and there.

sorry, i know thats not the information you want and is pretty much totally useless.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
I have an 08 on my BR and my buddy has an 07 i couldn't feel a single difference in performance between the 2. although the adjustment range is a little wider on the 08. but is that worth the extra price? you decide.