Quantcast

2008 Rocky Mountain RMX/Cove Shocker

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
I was wondering if anyone rides an RMX or Shocker for DH racing. I found some pretty good deals on some. I am just curious if anyone knows anything about the RMX and Shocker for 2008. Cove still only has their 2006/07 website up so I don't know anything about it, and the RMX I heard is heavy as a complete but a good bike. Anyone know about the colors for 2008 on the RMX or anything about the 2008 shocker?

Thanks

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
i'm gonna be racing a shocker for 08 as well...
i've ridden it a few wkends now, pretty sick bike. It built up just under 40lbs too
So you got it? nice!:clapping:
Fun bike ehh?
Still loving mine, rock solid

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
the rmx is a bretty good bike. Get the 07 version, the previous ones have bad geo and are much flexier. The flatline looks promising, but heavy (the rmx is very heavy). The shocker is a fun ride, nice geo and very predictable. Isn't light, but compared to the rmx, it's a feather

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
Oh, didn't know they wern't making the RMX anymore. I read about the flatline in DEcline looks pretty nice. Does cove still make the shocker for 08? I can't find info anywhere. Is RM making the switch still?

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
I've ridden a Shocker for the past year and a half, and I couldn't be happier. I've found it to be a very durable bike with great geometry and no major weaknesses. Mine built up to about 41 or 42 lbs with no crazy light stuff, and I just love the way the bike takes so much abuse and just never needs major maintenance.

Gabe and the rest of the crew at Cove are really cool guys as well, so I'd really recommend giving them a call.

--JP

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Oh, didn't know they wern't making the RMX anymore. I read about the flatline in DEcline looks pretty nice. Does cove still make the shocker for 08? I can't find info anywhere. Is RM making the switch still?
The Switch will no longer be made, it is being replaced by the Slayer SS

aj-monkey

Monkey
Oct 11, 2007
Squampton, BC
Shocker is the bomb!!!! No changes for 08. They don't need to. The first model had solid rocker mounts for the shock....now they are cut out, but i think that started this year (07). Mine just got nicked....gettin another one though, no questions!!!!

Rigger

Chimp
Jul 29, 2004
NV
the problem with the Shocker is they are heavy (around 13 lbs with shock) and my buddy cracked his at the front shock mount. Did get it replaced. Take a look at the Demo8, mine weighted in at 10.5 lbs with shock, size small.

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
is rocky mountain still making the switch for 2008 or is that being replaced by the flatline too?

DarrylB

Monkey
Jan 16, 2008
the secret loam!
The Shocker is a pure DH bike, that is what it was made for. It pedals really well, an loves to rail corners.
A racing buddy of mine finally took it for a rip down our local track, and was speechless when I asked him how it was. I think that sold him on one too.

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
shocker would be my first choice, just wondering though if the switch is still being made for 2008 by rocky mountain?

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I had a late-06 model RMX - great bike, solid. Heavy though, as others have said. But a definite plow bike and so ridiculously plush with the DHX5.

The Flatline looks nice, but I guarantee its going to be heavier than other comparable frames. Looks sick with a 888 WC though...

b16 lag

Chimp
Jul 17, 2007
london, uk
Ive ridden an 07 shocker for the last six months and couldnt be happier. The only thing i will say is that the top tube on the shocker is very short so try and test ride one if you can for a better idea of what size you need

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
The Shocker is a pure DH bike, that is what it was made for. It pedals really well, an loves to rail corners.
A racing buddy of mine finally took it for a rip down our local track, and was speechless when I asked him how it was. I think that sold him on one too.
And what color is your shocker?

DarrylB

Monkey
Jan 16, 2008
the secret loam!
And what color is your shocker?
Well. I originally wanted the front end to be different colour from the back ;) but that wasn't quite happening. it was from the first run of shockers back in early 06, so i settled for what was left.... FLat Black.

Read the article in the new edition of Decline, the last sentence says it all.

"The shocker is quite simply the best DH bike we have thrown our leg over"

Mr. Furious

Monkey
Jul 23, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I made the mistake of borrowing a buddy's Shocker at Whistler.. now I want one.. what really impressed me about the bike is how well-mannered it is when hitting jumps/tables

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Not to hijack, but has anyone rode the STD? I think they have been out for a while, but haven't heard anything about them.