2008 Specialized Demo 7 II

MarkH

Chimp
Jul 25, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hi

Last weekend:
1. i was able to check out the 2008 specialized catalogue; and
2. i borrowed a friend's medium 2007 demo 7 and went for a spin.

As a result i am pretty into the 2008 demo 7 II.

My delema is whether to buy the medium or large. I am 190cm tall. The medium felt a little small. Does any one ride a demo 7 or 8 who is aprox the same height as me? If so, what do you recommend?

Also, any idea on how much the 2008 demo 7 II will weigh? and its US$ price?

Mark

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Im 196 and ride a Large Demo8. Its a 2006 though. Not to sure what's changed. If the Medium feels too small, get the Large. You are right inbetween sizes.

engineerjoe

Chimp
Jun 20, 2007
colorado springs
Im 196 and ride a Large Demo8. Its a 2006 though. Not to sure what's changed. If the Medium feels too small, get the Large. You are right inbetween sizes.

its all about personal preference and what you want to ride on it. I like a relatively small bike for freeride and DJ but I need a XL bike whenever pedaling is involved. basically if this is purely a DH/FR go with a med, if you might do some XC on it get the large

MarkH

Chimp
Jul 25, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Guys, thanks for the feedback. If the 2008 frame geometery is the same as 2007. I probably prefer the Large as it is only 2.5cm longer in the cockpit. I guess i will wait until the frame specs are available, unless someone here has some inside info???