Quantcast

2008 Tomac Primer 220?

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
looks like a refined 204 magnum, or whatever that low pivot NON lawill one was.....

i like the looks of it, but it looks REALLY REALLY slack.....and the seat tube looks way slack as well......

the frame looks very nice though

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Looking at the pic more closely it looks like the bottom of the front tire is higher, as though the bike may not have been on level ground when the pic was taken.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Looking at the pic more closely it looks like the bottom of the front tire is higher, as though the bike may not have been on level ground when the pic was taken.
You're right, it does look higher. I will rotate the picture Tomac sent me now so it should be level.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
62 deg seat angle is just dumb slack.....64 head angle with a 14.5 ''BB is also silly.....kinda too bad.....is it me or are a lot of bikes starting to settle into the low pivot with a low center of gravity and a rate modifying linkage category? (Turner commencal sunn tomac....).I'm drawing a blank but I know there are lots more ......

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
Sounds abit stupid but it looks abit liek a comencal..but i have had a few beers...;-)
honestly at first glance (& i mean a QUICK glance) i thought it looked like one of the older Giant DH bikes. I'm not saying that it does... just what i thought when i first saw it.

then i thought commencal.

but the more i see it, i do see it's own uniqueness. i definatley dig the bike!

i'm stoked to see Tomac back i biz.. Johnny T, Doug, Joel Smith, & the lot are a great bunch of people!

i know they're only planning on a jr develop team... let's hope that includes some dh riders.... & a factory dh squad for the future!

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
64 head angle with a 14.5 ''BB is also silly.....
i think those are pretty solid numbers. the benefit of going much lower with 8.7" of travel is questionable (most 14" bb bikes have less travel), and the 64 ha is getting to be de rigeur on pro bikes these days. my bike runs very similar numbers & works very well.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
depends where / how you ride (and a big heap of personal preference) i suppose. my previous (8") bike was a hair under 14"; my current is at 14.5" (with 9" of travel), and the sagged heights are pretty much the same - i wouldn't want to go any lower.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I don't really think the BB is that high. I mean, somewhat higher than others, but not too much. I doubt it'd be that noticeable on the trail. Weight looks nice and low in the frame, for what that's worth. I used to have a 204 and really liked it. Except for the slightly steep HA, it was one of the best bikes I've owned. Smooth, controlled suspension, great build quality and some very good and durable hardware.

MttyTee

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Back on the east coast!
Sexy looking bike, but nothing groundbreaking. Feels like we are approaching the moto industry where the big news for the new model year is when the linkage pivot point has been changed a 1/16".

I'm not a fan of slack head angle trend.

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
Do you know the price for one of those?
no i dont as Azonic came out with the B52 frame instead of this one and Ibex hasnt released their new big bike the Zone yet. Though there have been floating rumors of a single pivot FR bike for their 09 line...

juk_lano

Chimp
Jun 27, 2007
Do you have any spy shots of the Ibex Zone or any idea of what it looks?

Why can't you just order this frame straight from Astro?