Quantcast

2008 V10 in the flesh

Killerbarbies

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Slovakia
It's been well worth the wait since Eurobike when I ordered it...but here's my new baby...
medium 2008 V10
RS Boxxer Team
Sunline direct mount stem
Truvativ Holzfeller bar
Straitline bar end caps
DA Bomb grips
Avid Code + Straitline levers
X9 shifter and rear mech
Acros AH-06 headset
Thomson Elite seatpost
Transition Park n' Ride AM saddle
E13 SRS
Truvativ Holzfeller Howitzer 165mm cranks + BB
Sun Double Track rims on Novatec rear and Point front
Shimano 105 12-26 cassette
Crank Bros Mallets

Orfen

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
UP, michigan
Nice new bike Killerbarbies. is that the new ano blue or is it paint?
also I didn't know you could fit a flat boxxer crown on a v10. Thought you needed a tall crown? do you have enough exposed upper tube?

Minou

Chimp
Mar 25, 2006
Munich
...also I didn't know you could fit a flat boxxer crown on a v10. Thought you needed a tall crown? do you have enough exposed upper tube?
M size headtube on the 08 V10 is 4.7"
L has a 5" headtube and needs the tall Rockshox upper crown.

Very nice build btw ;)

Regards
Matt

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Nice ride!

Double Track rims?! Damn - you aren't messing around. That's basically the same rim as the Mag30 but just ano'ed in black. I've got one of those as a rear rim on practice set - pretty burly and bomb-proof.

Nice build too - the Straitline levers are super-comfy. I have a set on my Hayes Mags and they feel great.

Killerbarbies

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Slovakia
Nice new bike Killerbarbies. is that the new ano blue or is it paint?
also I didn't know you could fit a flat boxxer crown on a v10. Thought you needed a tall crown? do you have enough exposed upper tube?
I had a medium 2006 V10 that needed the tall crown Boxxer but the 2008 has a shorter headtube so the flat crown fits..

the frame is powder Liquid Blue

the rims...i'm looking at Mavic EX729 on Hope hubs...that should save me about 600g over what I have there..the Double Tracks are a legacy from when I had a Bullit and not a lot of money.

Killerbarbies

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Slovakia
First impressions...if I said it was a full sus HT...straight line acceleration is far better, all power put down through the pedals seems more translated into forward motion with no noticable side-to-side loss; carves turns and berms a lot quicker with quicker response out of the corners..more flickable simply put

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
First impressions...if I said it was a full sus HT...straight line acceleration is far better, all power put down through the pedals seems more translated into forward motion with no noticable side-to-side loss; carves turns and berms a lot quicker with quicker response out of the corners..more flickable simply put
Are you saying this comparing it to the 06 V10?
I also should be getting the new one and I'm stoked....can't wait to ride it.

Killerbarbies

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Slovakia
at the moment I'm waiting on new hoops...Mavic EX729 on Hope 2 hubs in blue...that should save around 600g over the present set up...next in line is a Gamut P30 chainguide and Gravity Light crankset...:brows: