Quantcast

2008 Zumbi F-44

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Just finished building up my Zumbi F-44. I can't wait to take it out for the first ride tomorrow. With a mix of new and old parts this is the newest bike I have had in awhile. The scale has dead batteries so I have no idea on the weight right now.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Yes, I have a DT Swiss 2200 on the front.

In the background is a vinyl cutter. No more paying for decals to be made :)

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Bullcrew, you're a nerd. Make me some goddam stickers. And a sammich.

Cross, that bike looks very, very cool. Let us know how it rides. Do you have its demensions? Chainstay, TT, all that?

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Cross, that bike looks very, very cool. Let us know how it rides. Do you have its demensions? Chainstay, TT, all that?
Large frame demensions from the Zumbi website.

Chainstays = 441mm(17.3")
Toptube = 603mm(23.7")
Wheel Base = 1185(46.6")
Head tube angle = 66
BB Height = 360mm(14.1")

illu

Chimp
Dec 14, 2007
Great looking Zumbi, looks really fast. What's with the Kowa-fork? Where did you get that from?? :)

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
With a 7" Kowa fork 22.5" axle to crown height.

Wheel base = 46.25"
Toptube = just under 23.75"
Chainstay = 17.25"
BB height = 14.75"
Weight as seen in the pictures 43lb 11oz
Head Angle 64*

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I am going to go with First Person Shooter. Sounds better, I might not have to worry about catching slower riders on my race run anymore. They bike will just shoot them.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
For those tech Monkies out there:

Frame weight with no shock and King headset cups.
Large = 9lb 8oz
Medium = 9lb 7oz

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
bike looks solid. how's the kowa compared to a boxxer wc?
Better in every way. I came from a Boxxer WC to the Kowa. After solving why the fork would blow through the travel on big hits the fork has been solid. Just had to install a chamber(available from Kowa) inside the fork to make the air space above the oil smaller making the fork more progressive. It is a very smooth fork and has needed almost no maintenance. I can't wait for my new fork to get here. I will drop more weight going from a coil spring to an air fork:happydance:

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
just curious, how much does that fork weigh?
I can't remember exactly but I want to say just over 7lbs.

The new air version is supposed to be around 6lbs. It is also adjustable from 20mm-203mm of travel with a half turn of a dial on the top cap.

May 6, 2004
Just finished building up my Zumbi F-44. I can't wait to take it out for the first ride tomorrow. With a mix of new and old parts this is the newest bike I have had in awhile. The scale has dead batteries so I have no idea on the weight right now.

Hi
How do you like MRP G2?
Where did you get Kowa forks and how much did they cost?

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
The jury is still out on the G2. At Angelfire I did drop a chain once during practice. I have not completely ruled out mechanic(me) error in this yet. I know my old e13 SRS never dropped a chain in the 3 years I used it. Only time will tell on this.

As stated before Covic Racing is the importer for both Zumbi and Kowa. Covic racing is a sponsor of Team Geronimo who I ride for.