Quantcast

2009 Boxxer Team

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Hey,

My fork is starting to leak oil pretty badly from the left seals (rider's left). I rode Whistler saturday and sunday. It was okay for most of saturday, but by Sunday I was feeling a bunch of slack in the first 1" of travel, and in the quick chundery sections, I could feel the fork rebounding to full extension fairly violently over every little bump.

My question is: do these symptoms sound like they could be repaired with a quick rebuild (replace seals, top up oil), or is the cartridge toast? I had some bad luck last year when I sent my fork in for service, so I'm hesitant to part with it again. If it's a "simple" rebuild, I'll take a crack at it myself so I can ride this weekend.

Thanks for the help.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Wow, quite the echo in here...

Brought the fork in for service. Upon further inspection, my rebound damper had stuck. Upon even further inspection, one of my stanchions is all worn on the spring side at just about the 1" mark of the travel. My dust wipers had some crud in there, and the surface got scored. It was the part was hidden between by the arch of the lower.

So, don't do what Dewey don't does. Clean your dust wipers after every ride! This service is going to cost me just about $300 bones. Bummer.