Quantcast

2009 East Coast DH Season

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Boogenman makes a kickass pork roll sandwich at the Delta House grill.

WHERE THE F^CK IS THE PLATTEKILL SCHEDULE!?!?!?

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
I think any resort would honor your seasons pass on a race weekend. We love it when we sell season passes.
We even had a few buy early seasons passes ($149.00 last year) at Whiteface so when they raced the 5 K DH it would only be $28.00 for a big race with a huge cash purse. They were not locals and made it a few other weekends too. It was good deal for all.

dhcooke

Chimp
Feb 5, 2009
can anyone fill me in on some more info into the bike park series and the march 28 clemson dh race...

stoneysnake

Monkey
May 24, 2002
easy living, wv
Don't stress....all you have to do is win your amatuer race at Shoe. You're cash winnings will cover your weekend costs.:lighten: Amatuers making money to race. It's a brave new world at the Shoe.:happydance:
This is not true. If you want to race for money at snowshoe you have to step it up to the pro/elite/open class. True your cash winnings will definitely cover your costs and then some.

If you have a season pass it's only a $29 entry fee to race. Can't wait to see that bus up here. That's style!

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Plattekill pays top 3 pros and expert (Cat1) DH winners if there are 10 or more in the age group and has for years. Cash, no waiting for a "check in the mail".

OB1

Monkey
Updated to reflect final Gravity East Series schedule. Conflicts still in red.

And as for the amateur money rumor.....it was posted "as fact" on a forum somewhere. It was the first announcement of Snowshoe being a 4 race series. The post even included an exact spreadsheet of the payout, including AM cash. Surprising they had that much detail, and been false. Maybe I can hunt down that thread again so I can find the culprit......but i'd rather go watch a movie downstairs.

Last edited:

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
Ken, Check out post #5 in this thread or

Current East Coast Races

I keep that one current. Working on Plattekill's schedule Sunday and should be able to post Sunday pm. We're trying to avoid conflicts BUT that would seem impossible at this point. Now just gonna be waiting on Highland, Mt Snow/Attitash Series. I also hear Camelback, Wisp and Massanuten will be adding a couple races each.

WOW!! A ton of racing in the East this season :clapping:
Only one race at Wisp this summer and that will be the Capital Cup / GES #2

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Wisp will have more than one race this summer. They always have a series of 3-4 throught (one being the capital cup) the summer, but most of the races aren't run in the Gravity East Series so no points are given out for it in the standings.

Still love racing Wisp.

Summer isn't coming fast enough.:panic:

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
I think Yellowrake may have some inside info, so I'll bet he's right
Wisp is considering an event late in the summer that will be included in the Deep Creek games and may consist of DH, DS, XC and Short Track. This has not been confirmed yet. Otherwise the Capital Cup will be the ONLY gravity event at the resort this summer.
There will NOT be a series this year at Wisp...This I know for certain

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
Wisp will have more than one race this summer. They always have a series of 3-4 throught (one being the capital cup) the summer, but most of the races aren't run in the Gravity East Series so no points are given out for it in the standings.

Still love racing Wisp.

Summer isn't coming fast enough.:panic:
Glad to se you love racing at Wisp!
Unfortunately you will most likely have only one chance to do so this summer and that will be the Capital Cup June6-7

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Wisp is considering an event late in the summer that will be included in the Deep Creek games and may consist of DH, DS, XC and Short Track. This has not been confirmed yet. Otherwise the Capital Cup will be the ONLY gravity event at the resort this summer.
There will NOT be a series this year at Wisp...This I know for certain
Are you going to still have a Racer's Edge Series this year just at another resort? Or is it going to be something like a few years back when you had the series at multiple resorts?

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Bumpity............still skiing with 10 more inches due tonite.

7 to 8 dates.

May 2-3 for the first race.
Oct 10-11 GES Finals and Series Race.
Oct 24-25 Series Finals(double points).
Nema Contingency Cash Program.

most likely July 4-5 as well

More Info to come.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

7 to 8 dates.

More Info to come.
wtf, no November race? get on this old man! we need dates!

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO

7 to 8 dates.

More Info to come.
WTF!? Tell Lazlo to get Macker in charge for 15 minutes so he can finish this!

June And August are the 2 months I need to know about the most.

Open for riding July 3rd :cheers:

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
Are you going to still have a Racer's Edge Series this year just at another resort? Or is it going to be something like a few years back when you had the series at multiple resorts?
Sorry bu we will not be having a multi-race or multi-venue series this year. Instead we are putting all of our efforts and resources into the Capital Cup at Wisp (GES #2) June 5-7 and the BikeToberJam in October. We are also very involved in BMX again and will be helping out with the Hagerstown track. Rather than flood the already packed schedule with more events, we're adopting the philosophy that less is more. Thanks for all the support. See you in June!

46chief

Monkey
Jun 12, 2007
Timberline in Canaan Valley West Virginia held a race late last fall and would do it again, but the mountain management is dragging it's feet on the go-ahead to schedule anything. They also held the Revenge of the Rattlesnake 40k race the same weekend. It definitely helped the turnout and the endurance guys brought plenty of beer to share.

If you raced that race last year and are interested in racing or riding at Timberline you should let them know you are want to come to Timberline and ride this summer.

PM me for marketing managers address, (I hate to post it, because of spam)

I think it would be fun to have a Mid-Atlantic series. A race at WISP, Seven Springs, Timberline, and Snowshoe.

Disclaimer: I don't work there, I just volunteered to help wth trails and am now trying to get a support campaign drummed up so they Keep the Mountain open and JR has something to keep him busy next summer. (JRNolan is the summer operations manager and head trail builder.)

Last edited:

46chief

Monkey
Jun 12, 2007
Two seasons ago I did 7springs a couple times and was bored with the trails, last season I just took the three trails for what they were and rode them as hard as I could and actually had a great time there.

I think the EC DH trail will be cool to pin it top to bottom under a clock. Or whatever trail they decide to run DH on. I would bet they are only going to improve the trail system there. Can't wait to see what they'll do for 2009.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Im going to be putting some massive mileage on the car this summer, looks like it might be time to throw a hitch on the car and use a non-ghetto rack. Although finally I will have some initiative to actually do some travelling

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
not trying to derail the thread with the springs comment but a large attendance at this race would be huge for the resort.

I know some of you were bored 2 seasons ago, the resort is just looking for interest, with this race on the cal it is a big step. Not sure what terrain they will be looking to use but you wouldnt believe how good looking the other stuff is on the back side of the mtn, think a mix of the front side and snowshoe...Lots of big rocks to link up, it would be amazing to get something cut for the race on that side. Time will tell

out

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
not a derail. its pertinent information.

now if it didnt fall on the same days as the cannibus cup, then id show my state some love.