Quantcast

2009 Home Bike Shop Thread

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Thanks Cecil, and I know for sure that I can't make it around without gasping for air. But I'm working on that. Both those BMX bikes have been replaced by an Intense Podium cruiser. No more 20" racing for me, getting too old and can't make the switch from a 26" to a 20" quickly anymore.
Yah, I think I will be getting an Intense Podium Cruiser soon to due to being Sponsored by ASI now. They are taking great care of my whole Team. The Giant 24" is not really a race bike.

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
Shops are sweet.

But being able to do everything I can at the shop at home is pretty sweet too. Especially since I get to drink at home. I go to the shop to press my headset in, since I'd rather use a headset press then a hammer and a block of wood, and same with removing headset cups. For everything else, its at home.

I'll post one up soon

I do all my bike repairs at work and I get to drink there too! It's nice owning your own shop. The 'fridge is always stocked with a tasty beverage of the alcoholic persuasion for the loyal customers, my partner and myself. Of course I only drink after 4 on Saturdays as working and helping customers while drinking is a very bad combination.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I do all my bike repairs at work and I get to drink there too! It's nice owning your own shop. The 'fridge is always stocked with a tasty beverage of the alcoholic persuasion for the loyal customers, my partner and myself. Of course I only drink after 4 on Saturdays as working and helping customers while drinking is a very bad combination.
Thats rad, and I hear ya. My shop is on the conservative side, that definitely wouldn't fly there. Even tips of beer are a no go with my shop/customer base. Its brutal.

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
Thats rad, and I hear ya. My shop is on the conservative side, that definitely wouldn't fly there. Even tips of beer are a no go with my shop/customer base. Its brutal.
Many of our customers bring in 6-packs all the time to "replenish the stock". Of course they are kind enough to either bring Sparks or good beer, none of that Bud Light junk. I went and looked at a new building for the shop today that is a bit bigger and would allow for a much larger TV than what we have now in addition to a full size couch. I'll get pics up if/when we move.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Many of our customers bring in 6-packs all the time to "replenish the stock". Of course they are kind enough to either bring Sparks or good beer, none of that Bud Light junk. I went and looked at a new building for the shop today that is a bit bigger and would allow for a much larger TV than what we have now in addition to a full size couch. I'll get pics up if/when we move.
Sweet dude, glad to hear somebody is managing to expand in the current "nobody wants to buy a bike" phase the economy is going through! Good for you guys

davemo7

Chimp
Dec 10, 2008
Davis

his shop is way to conservative, over on the other side of town we get beer for tips, but i still like our garage, much better.

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
Here's mine. I copied the main bike rack hanger design from Northshore racks. The weather has sucked lately so I've been doing extra work in the garage. There should be a 12x36 metal lathe in here soon. I also have a tig welder but that's at my other shop.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Finally moved in a bit more.

Heres my shop/strategy room for this year. Im in the middle of about 5 bike projects at once hence the half assembled bikes.

Tool/light wall
(notice those fancy schmancy decline tire cutting shears!)

Work area, 303 in about 303 pieces, disassembled 40 etc, wheels waiting for stans, CR goodies.

The office side of things

The strategy side of things

Tire/wheel closet missing about 3 new pairs :)

Just scored this bad boy of Craigslist for a cool $45.

Racerx7734

Monkey
Mar 4, 2002
Hostile Sausage
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

This picture is from last year.......it's cleaner now........and has new bikes in it..........but pretty much the same. It's my man cave.

I'll take some more after the new M6 and V10 are built.

The kids not broken anymore either...... : )

Oh yeah.........here is my new sticker........I'll have a BUNCH at Sea Otter along with a new "special" sticker.... : )

Last edited: