Quantcast

2009 morewood makulu !

BlackElvis

Chimp
Dec 5, 2007
Slovenia, Europe
It's true.

I talked with distributor for Slovenia and he said Morewood will offer new frames with bos suspension for ~4000€. And if i remember correctly there will be only 200 frames.

primo661

Monkey
Jun 16, 2008
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Just a reminder of the proto, which already looked tits.

the last 2 photos are the early proto bikes, a bit his changed since then. the top one is the same frame being raced by team pyranees morewood. you guys who are getting the bike dont know what you've been missing up until now!!! its beautiful in both looks and performance. it couldnt believe how flickable it was. its suspension is also active under pedaling including great small bump performance but has ZERO pedal bob:), you can really feel it under hard acceleration. straight outa patricks mouth "its the only bike i have ever made that rides exactly how i want it to and is exactly what a downhill bike should be". he said that during testing while travis browning and hayden brown were putting it through its paces before a race in january when i asked him how he thought it compared to the izimu. you guys are also going to get the suspension set up by patrick and he is most likely one of the best out there when it comes to suspension set up. if only i had the $$$$$$:banghead:

Last edited:

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
wow... that is frame is tits... Only 200 are being produced you say? Ouch... would it be cheaper to get without the BOS shock?

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
The frame looks REALLY good and I like the specs, however the 180mm post mount specific rear brake mount seems a little odd. Some guys are still runing 203's out back and some of us are down to 165's. Kinda sucks not having options.

-Kevin

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i really like it, but given how well received the protos were, i'm really surprised to see only 200 frames coming out with a beyond reasonable price tag. i used to gag when i saw the price of a 303.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
is this some kind of joke? what exactly makes it so special? no frame, no suspension, is worth that kind of coin....and if one thinks it is, they're f'ed in the head......
the nicolai tst evo is currently $9300 for the frameset (my god we get raped on exchange these days). this is a relative bargain!

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
price isn't that bad and knowing morewood and boss its gonna be a top quality product. Its even better if there keeping the izumi in the line up. Can't wait till there out. Ill have to put my order in soon

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
So it is 6k for Frame + Fork? Wasn't it 6k for the whole bike on the cheaper version of the fork (the non pro version?)?

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
is this some kind of joke? what exactly makes it so special? no frame, no suspension, is worth that kind of coin....and if one thinks it is, they're f'ed in the head......
Well it's not the frame that makes it so special but your weak ass currency. In europe the price is pretty much normal.
Also BOS is the company behind EVO and WRC Citroen suspension so this makes it kinda special. They have tech far beyond any company currently on the bike market.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
In 2010 they will be releasing the bike with out the BOS kit.
That's not what i meant. There was to be a cheaper version of the fork. It was to be suplied with this frame from what I know. That's why i thought 6k for the bike.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
You could be right. Considering the idylle and stoyy will retail for about 2600 euro together which is like $4200. 2/3s of that frameset will be suspension cost.

lets see what this rally tech can do for us.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I'm really curious about confirmed info (interbike?) as it'd a bike I'd really consider.

Vena

Monkey
Aug 30, 2007
Italy
It's true.

I talked with distributor for Slovenia and he said Morewood will offer new frames with bos suspension for ~4000€. And if i remember correctly there will be only 200 frames.
4000€ for the frame only? that's insane!

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Frame,shock and forks.
Not that bad....
Yeah. Considering that for example commencal with rocco RC is 2500 eur stock. Bos shock is more expensive so it would make it like 2700-2800. That leaves 1200eur for the shock that is stock 2000eur.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Also BOS is the company behind EVO and WRC Citroen suspension so this makes it kinda special. They have tech far beyond any company currently on the bike market.
Really? I would have guessed Ohlins TTX technology (Cane Creek DB) is far beyond any company currently on the bike market. :think: