Heat treated full frame
Headset: integrated
Spanish BB
Integrated seatpost clump
with fork 430 mm , can do doublepeg
Colors: black, medigreen, bronze

so basically a stronger capital with new colours

Translated from google:

The Polish company, which this year is experiencing its largest year probably has the time and surprised with a completely new framework and small, especially desired improvements in the Suburban.

While the mandatory change does not paint extra has to be mentioned in the geometry a little thing and the wheel now appears based on the data even more active… on the thumb is a little shorter.

This more Street Oriented geometry, there is now a pure all-round or even under the Dirt with his 2.2kg really auftrumpfen. In addition, also an integrated tax rate, which in the previous year, the Suburban was expected and the smart decision, the Spanish BB stable to use.

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
I still believe this company is the only MTBMX company that knows what's up. They seem to always be a step or two ahead of all the other MTB companies, in quality, price and style.

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
Majesty is def. going to be a good bike, but the Sub is just so amazing. You cant go wrong with anything from NS.

btw did you guys know NS stood for No Shit?

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
No sh1t it stands for no sh1t haha. Not really feelin' the different colored dropout paint scheme, but otherwise they look dope as fvck.

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
man i just got my 08 capital in the mail too!!!!
i don't know about the weight on that though. looks a little too light, too good to be true. also they shortened the CS .15 inches. oh well i guess the dremmel will take care of that for me.

also the NS stands for North Shore. atleast thats what the box for both my capital and my old suburban said, in big bold letters
NS "north shore" tested.
weird.

nwd_26

Monkey
Nov 29, 2007
Toronto, Onterrible
are you sure? seems like they are Polish and mostly for dirt/street i dont see how they used to be north shore....
It's true, from what I've heard too. I always found it pretty funny how everyone [on pinkbike] could hop on the bandwagon of a Polish street hardtail company called North Shore.

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
It's true, from what I've heard too. I always found it pretty funny how everyone [on pinkbike] could hop on the bandwagon of a Polish street hardtail company called North Shore.
Yep, just throw a monster t on there as well as some 24" doublewides, 3" tires, and all the other heaviest components possible. Then you can have a bike that lives up to pinkbike standards.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
NS stands for the following:

No Sh*t
New Sluts
Naked Sorority
Never Sober
Nikki Sixx
Nada Surf
Naval Scout

there's plenty more. take your pick.

Solon

Chimp
Aug 29, 2008
Warsaw,Poland
Yeah, NS stans for Northshore. And No **** is just on the stickers you get with the suburban and capital frame. Just a sticker, stupid though.

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
I just bent my jalapeno bars tonight, I am ordering those district bars as soon as I can find a dealer. I was waiting for them to go 28". Finally.

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
Alright guys heres the official catalog of all their parts and frames for 2009: http://www.velobikeri.lv/images/NS2009.pdf
overall everything is very nice, but I'm guess I'm getting old, I'm not really 'feeling' some of the new features they bring on response to what the masses want (despite being an NS fan since I got the StreetLegal frame, pure 4130 bars, RNS forks).. :rant:
- I want american BBs. Larger bearings are stronger.
- I like freewheels more then casettes (again, larger is stronger + all this microdrive shizzle doesn't work as good with fat chains), and I like them quiet instead of screaming at me (c'mon, they took special effort to create loud hubs, wtf)
- not everyone on the planet rides disc brakes, please come up with a non-disc version of those rear hubs
- lime fluo colours make me puke.. when I was 5yrs I had a bike with that look :biggrin:
- I keep wondering if all those ultra-light frames are really as strong.. could be, but would they take my ugly bash-around style

ah well, guess my coffe didn't kick in yet, enough ranting for today

pancho64

Monkey
Jul 28, 2007
fat chains and freewheel hubs? wow that takes me back. anyways before you go on bashing anymore of this bb sizing stuff you should know that american and mid bb's use the same r12 bearing just the mid doesnt have the cup around it. so the bearings arent any bigger its just the outer shell.

fat chains create more drag and 510hx chains are plenty strong. use a bashguard.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
I still believe this company is the only MTBMX company that knows what's up. They seem to always be a step or two ahead of all the other MTB companies, in quality, price and style.
I am pretty sure that BlackMarket has MTBMX dialed in with the Mob. Plus you are not going to find a higher quality frame than S&M can produce.

But agreed that "MTB" companies are not on par at all.

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
anyways before you go on bashing anymore of this bb sizing stuff you should know that american and mid bb's use the same r12 bearing just the mid doesnt have the cup around it. so the bearings arent any bigger its just the outer shell.
ok point taken I mistakenly thought it were the euro BB's

fat chains create more drag and 510hx chains are plenty strong. use a bashguard.
more drag? haven't had any problems with that.. did already wreck a 510, and don't want a bashguard. Most bashguard designs I've seen create sideways force on your chainwheel, so you need a chainwheel that can handle it; well if it can handle it, it can handle being slammed without bashguard as well probably, so it doesn't need one. Then there are also the designs with bashguard plates at each side, no way to fit that on my NS frame, there's no room for that (or I would have to ride with the crank on the drive side sticking out 5cm or so)

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
They told me in an email a while ago that the Capital wouldn't be out until February. Dunno about the rest, but they did at least respond to my email.

Sep 12, 2004
i just got off the phone with BTI - the 09 frames (i called about the majesty) are "on the boat" and should be in stock for BTI by mid-march

ahhh

well good thing i live in syracuse and we have salt/snow on everything until early april

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
I am pretty sure that BlackMarket has MTBMX dialed in with the Mob. Plus you are not going to find a higher quality frame than S&M can produce.

But agreed that "MTB" companies are not on par at all.
Yes this is an old thread... No I do not care.

I have been reading this same thing from you for months now and frankly, I'm getting kinda sick of it. Most things you post up on blackmarket/s&m/mob/riot is saying its the best you can get... Nothing will compare, and its either S&M or its not worth it... Which might have been true... two years ago. But look at the market... Tonic is killin it hard with the howie and fallguy... NemPro is ALWAYS a solid choice for a proven ride.. And damn, SUPERCO?! Sickest 26'er I've ever tossed a leg over!! And this is coming from a person who can easily go down and build one. But I wouldn't dare say My frame>all others.

I'm not trying to piss you or anyone else off, and I'm also not saying that the blackmarket/s&m/mob/riot are bad picks at all! I'm just kinda fed-up with the fanboy bandwagon talk whenever there are CLEARLY plenty of other companies that contend with blackmarket.

Last edited:

JGill

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Norman, OK
yes This Is An Old Thread... No I Do Not Care.

I Have Been Reading This Same Thing From You For Months Now And Frankly, I'm Getting Kinda Sick Of It. Most Things You Post Up On Blackmarket/s&m/mob/riot Is Saying Its The Best You Can Get... Nothing Will Compare, And Its Either S&m Or Its Not Worth It... Which Might Have Been True... Two Years Ago. But Look At The Market... Tonic Is Killin It Hard With The Howie And Fallguy... Nempro Is Always A Solid Choice For A Proven Ride.. And Damn, Superco?! Sickest 26'er I've Ever Tossed A Leg Over!! And This Is Coming From A Person Who Can Easily Go Down And Build One. But I Wouldn't Dare Say My Frame>all Others.

I'm Not Trying To Piss You Or Anyone Else Off, And I'm Also Not Saying That The Blackmarket/s&m/mob/riot Are Bad Picks At All! I'm Just Kinda Fed-up With The Fanboy Bandwagon Talk Whenever There Is Clearly Plenty Of Other Companies That Contend With Blackmarket.
Word!

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Now if they could just get their '09 product out before '10 rolls around...

I'm dying for an update on when the stuff is gonna make it to this side of the world.

Smacks-

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I'm definitely planning on a pair of Districts to replace my Nempro Streets. They're bent enough to feel, but not enough to see, so warranty's kind of touch and go. It's a bit too much effort for me to post them to Cali for Brad to warranty, when they might not even be viable for it.